Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

5th will be enough for CL :worried:

On form, they are league’s second best side after Man City. A lot of these wins were achieved quite late, in spite of them playing… Well, not well. Again, I don’t know how they do it but they’ve had Villa’s number since I remember them.

If only United and Arsenal would show their form when they play City.

2 Likes

Arsenal did they beat City

1 Like

This league is boring sometimes. Fucking YAWN

I only really care about us…

1 Like

Yeah, that Arsenal win seems like an aberration when you consider their head-to-head form in the last five or six years. I’m fairly certain that Man United didn’t take points off Man City in any season we fought Man City for the title (and they weren’t even close to getting anything in those games) but I won’t forget that they managed to reduce games against us to complete and utter garbage in 2018/19 and this season.

3 Likes

Need to get Ole back in he had a strange record against them.

We need a big Chelsea performance against Man City. They need to show some pride, and if they do, they could easily give Man City a game.

Man Utd might spawn a CL spot with 5 opening up, but hopefully Villa regroup and keep them at bay.

I just noticed on average positions that West Ham played Ben Johnson on the left wing today.

Jesus Christ. :man_facepalming:t2:

They’re in a great position in the table and it might be even better potentially. Where’s the danger to be a bit more ambitious?

It’s not like they’re down fighting for every point, like Rafa at Celta these days playing bloody Oscar Mingueza as a right midfielder/winger.

I understand they probably wanted to double up on Saka’s side, but dear me, this is so negative that it becomes counter-productive, loses sense.

Some of Moyes’ team selections lately reminded me of his Everton selections when they used to be in trouble.

You cannot rely on 2-3 players to make all the difference. Plus, if their argument is that their depth is not great, they just offloaded a few in January.

I’ll elaborate a bit further on what I meant about us, to me based on 4 CL places (likely 5 but who knows).

At the moment we are in a title race but injuries and refs may screw us. I’d have preferred a draw today but I’d prefer 5th to be as far away as possible.

On this basis today wasn’t the worst result and as noted Man Utd aren’t very good even if their results have picked up. It’s a shame in a way as if they looked decent they might get the draw we need from them against Man City.

Oddly pivotal match today between Palace and Chelsea for a 15th versus 11th match, good chance that the losing manager doesn’t make it out of March.

A home loss for Palace will really start speculation, they really need to at least keep up the WLWLWL pattern to stay out of the relegation mix.

A loss by Chelsea would be the 3rd straight in the league, and December’s upward tick will be receding into the mirror as they head into the Etihad. A win puts them in the mix for a European spot for now.

1 Like

I take any result that helps Chelsea getting something off City on Saturday.

Whatever it is.

New manager bounce.

Building up confidence by thrashing Palace tonight.

Anything.

Much like @SBYM’s hairline!

He’s balding, you see…

WRONG AGAIN, POINDEXTER.

I have a glorious mop, it is just grey as fuck.

Could do with Chelsea getting a win and putting a spring in their step.

However it seems like it’s full of infighting.

1 Like

Lerma with an a outrageous goal.

Felt it was coming to be honest.

Assume VAR will check but nothing in that for me.

Oh no it didn’t.

Caicedo losing the ball again in the build up lol.

No Olise, Eze, Doucoure or Guehi. Their 4 best players.

1 Like