Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

Over Shearer or Lineaker?

gross james van der beek GIF

1 Like

@Commando in the house!!!

Wassup??

How is the wife taking you doing cartwheels around your gaff?

2 Likes

From the BBC’s match report:

“…this has to go down as a point gained given how close they came to defeat.”

From the Grauniad:

“Yet City’s iron will grabbed a draw that could prove priceless when May arrives and the championship is decided.”

Had Liverpool (or Arsenal) dropped two points at home under identical circumstances, the narrative would have been very different.

12 Likes

Yup Liverpool’s point at Luton isn’t talked in the same way :wink:

5 Likes

It doesn’t even have to be at home. The narrative when we lost at Arsenal was that we were out of the title race

8 Likes

And that was just on this forum.

7 Likes

Ultimately win all their other games and draw against us they would have won the title.

Now that is now as we stand no longer the case, they also play Arsenal hence.

Also allows us to remain top when they play at the weekend if we can beat Luton.

5 Likes

The only way they win all their remaining games is if the refs let them. Chelsea showed today- and it isn’t the first time it has happened this season- that you can get at City if you actually try.

The trouble is that too many teams don’t even give it a go.

7 Likes

Ref was decent to be fair tonight. Didn’t fall for any of their bull.

None of those penalties were debatable if honest.

Must not have his bank details :wink:

1 Like

Chelsea rode their luck to some degree - I was dreading that late moment when the VAR reviewed for handball. The Chelsea player didn’t know a great deal about it, and it appeared the motion of the arm into the ball was not intentional…because it started with him holding the City player’s shirt. When I saw the replay, I didn’t think it should be a penalty because they were both tugging at one another, but I was genuinely surprised it wasn’t given.

3 Likes

I thought so as well. I thought for sure it would be a soft penalty for the tug. I bet if Coote was on their VAR it would have been. Useless twat

2 Likes

I’m having a 12 year old Bunnahabhain, not sure if I make it to MotD though :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I stopped reading there and called the police.

4 Likes

Thought this game was on tomorrow. Thanks Mercenaries.

Their March is really rough. Even more so if Copenhagen can kick them around like they did in the first leg

The CL QF then pop up again in early April around the Spurs away game, one they’ve had some problems with in the past.

There are tons of banana skins coming up for them and they look anything like imperious. If they blow through this run of fixtures then they almost certainly will win the league. But I dont see why people think they will.

3 Likes

It’s in our hands more than it’s in theirs. 12 wins and a draw vs them and we win the league. Only way for them to win the league if we win our 12 games is to beat us and win all of their other 13 games.

1 Like

Still would have been soft for me.

I go by the adage about could I give it on an amateur game on a Saturday 20 yards away. I rarely bother with slow mo.

It’s not the way it should be judged.

2 Likes

I’m loving the narrative in the media. Apparently they have struck to rescue the point that keeps the pressure on us in the title race. Like some plucky underachievers.

For fucks sake, we got beat a couple of weeks ago and we were finished. In was only a question of how many points City were going to win it by, as they went the rest of the season without dropping a point.

I’m sure this is getting briefed in from someone at City.

4 Likes

It’s more base than that: both the British establishment and the media are in thrall to money. City’s owners have plenty of it.

4 Likes

The supposed handball wasn’t what I thought the VAR may have gone. The “entanglement” with the two players (and despite the obvious fact the City fellow was literally dragging the Chav guy down), caused me fear they were going to give them a pen on that.

1 Like