Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

gotta hit the target there mr alvarez

watching city, i think arse deserve it to be fair

2-0

Remember that City that pipped us by a string of close wins feels like that.

1 Like

remember when folks were clamoring for sangare. dude does not even start for a relegation side

rodri is just too good, the cunt

standing right there and still needed var… ladies and gentleman, i present to you the best PL ref

6 Likes

He was probably shocked as poster boy Rice can do nothing wrong.

Rice is not that sort of player

Unlikely to be a 26 goal turn around in 5 games so i think we stand a good chance of CL football next season .

1 Like

In my opinion, the EPL is turning into Ligue 1 where there is one super team that steamrolls nearly every team in the league.

This has an effect on the quality of the league. The league champions will still win the league the following season just by buying players to widen the talent gap instead of thinking of new ways to win.

The perpetual steamrolling of the opposition by the league champions will inevitably gnaw away psychologically at the other clubs. Most clubs who are not in danger of losing their European spots or getting relegated will just play Man City for the draw or a small loss.

Coupled that with the vastly incompetent PGMOL who somehow screws over the nearest competitor of Man City at every possible instance and the PL and FA( and even the current British Government) refusing to throw the book at Man City, there is literally nothing forcing Man City to up their game tactically.

Over time, the TV money in EPL will start to suffer when other top flight leagues becomes more exciting to watch.

I wouldn’t be surprised by another decade or two, the TV money in EPL will shrink to a fraction ( in real value) of what it is today.

2 Likes

Yes, they’ve won but not by running ahead on points like the other leagues. What I mean by competitive is the difference in points across the table. No league is as competitive as the PL.

One of the mates here calls Arsenal “Mini-Millwall”. When asked why, he just says “watch Millwall sometime”.

One of the few exposures to Arsenal fans is via AFCTV. Nutty buggers for sure. I can only imagine Millwall supporters.

Millwall supporters are safe. Even with black and brown people.

As long as they know you.

2 Likes

Thing is I know decent Arsenal fans as well as some bitter shits.

3 Likes

My sister, her husband and plenty of other people I know are Arsenal fans. They’re all good people (otherwise I wouldn’t be in contact with them); they just happen to support a different football team.

So what? I prefer Latour; my sister prefers Haut Brion. Her husband prefers DRC. Let’s fight over our individual preferences… not.

4 Likes

I won’t complain about either if you give me a bottle.

1 Like

Her husband likes the Democratic Republic of Congo?

I suppose it’s the bin dipper stuff I hear from one of them at football.

2 Likes

Peasant. :joy:

1 Like

This will be the first season in years where the title winner doesn’t get over 88 points, and it has been ages since the gap between 1st and 3rd wasn’t double digits. The best the league has had to offer since the Leicester title win has been two horse races. The last genuinely competitive race was a decade ago, where the gap from 4th to 1st was just 7 points. Four of the seasons since have seen the winner finish 10 points or more ahead of 2nd.

It has become awfully processional, sort of like Formula One. It just isn’t the league it was 15 years ago. A generation ago, 90 points was an unimaginable season - now it happens more often than not.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/1784637538415554629
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes