Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

How on earth is that not a red card? Saka taken out by a knee high studs up raised boot. Got nowhere near the ball. Too early in the game for a red…?

Did VAR even look at that?

The ref was definitely speaking to someone. What merits a red card seems to be very subjective and they do seem to be more reluctant to issue them the earlier in the game it is…

VAR
Looks
At
Everything

Yes we know they do… if he had been called to the monitor, how could he not have given a red?

Penalty for Arsenal

Bit of a dive for me

more than a bit for me

Havertz did a Harry Kane there, leaving his leg dragging.

He’s done everything he can to create the contact. Wont get overturned thought because there was the faintest of contact and VAR has devolved into a thing that bends over backwards to support the ref’s original decision even on cases where they cannot possibly have seen everything clearly

1 Like

1-0, game over then.

Could have been a very frustrating day if it wasn’t for the pen.

This.

A maximum of 7 PL teams in Europe next season.

For some reason I think it would be best if Newcastle ‘have to play’ in the Conference League and ManU and Chelsea miss out.

Newcastle without European football will have good chances for a Top4 finish.

Fixed, just like the P/L

Martin Keown saying he is very surprised VAR didn’t have a look at it :rofl:. Have a word…

Nice to see my point about sportsmanship and deceit being proven in the first half of the first game of the weekend.

It’s a dive, it’s not ‘clever play’, it’s deception. Surely you can’t be awarded a foul you when you’ve intentionally initiated the contact yourself.

What’s more, the most egregious examples of this seem to keep coming from Arsenal, it’s clearly a deliberate team tactic.

Havertz CANT get the ball if he’s not going to carry on moving his legs.

Also though, Bournemouth should have had a red card if previous reds this season are the standard.

Joe Coke saying it’s a penalty is madness, why are we making deceit and cheating a legitimate part of the game.

2 Likes

This is just mad now. We’ve seen all season that Arsenals set piece strategy is all about contact on the keeper.

But apparently THAT non contact on the keeper is not allowed??

Second time Bournemouth are fucked over

The amount Arsenal are getting away with this season is staggering

1 Like