Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

https://x.com/oilysailor/status/1786133296121881070?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

:no_mouth:

1 Like

Spurs CL hopes hanging by a thread.

Assuming that Villa are out of the ECL - how many English clubs will be playing European football next season?

Lol. What a Drongo, mate.

au memes GIF

See Web Development GIF by Pudgy Penguins

3 Likes

Be nice Sweets

Detroit Sweetie GIF by BET Plus

The mask slipping from Ange a bit in his post match interview tonight

Was it a “reaaaally good question” Ange? :rofl::rofl:

Love Postecoglou for his straight forward no nonsense attitude. Spurs players are absolute wankers. Complained about the style of football under previous managers yet they can’t put a shift in for a bloke like him who just wants you to get stuck in and attack attack attack. They should be fucking ashamed.

They haven’t got the balls to win some tackles in a derby? then hand back your wages you piss poor cunts. Stealing a living.

https://x.com/BBCSport/status/1786385472022872222

1 Like

Luton really looking at a must-win against Everton today, given Forest at already-relegated Sheffield United. Also has to be important in the back of Everton minds given the possibility of further deductions. Burnley are probably done facing Toon and Spurs before they finish versus Forest. That run-in plus the single point really gives Forest the inside track

3 Likes

Hope the money was worth the humiliation.

2 Likes

Amazingly dumb penalty by a Luton defender, which is probably going to lock the door on the bottom 3

The usual rugby tackle chaos in the box. That was a penalty.

But seriously defenders holding players happens every single corner. About time one was given unfortunately to Everton though.

1 Like

What made this one amazingly dumb was how flagrant it was. It takes minimal pretence on the part of defender to get away with it as a matter of routine.

edit: Luton level. How the fuck did we lose to Everton?!?

He’s a professional ref. That’s an emotion he does not feel

2 Likes

Surprised how trivial the holding was given the comments here. Yes he had his arms around him, but he must be the strongest man in the world if it actually impeded the everton player and genuinely held him back.

Well I will go further and say it should be a yellow card for holding. It is a professional foul/yellow in the general play for short pulling etc, yet corners and free kicks turn the box into WWE.

Like ref crowding get strong on it.

1 Like

It was the sheer stupidity of it I was commenting on - it was so far off the ball it was probably otherwise irrelevant. He did clearly impede him from getting a clean run at the ball. But it was just silly for him to join his hands the way he did.

It should be a penalty, but because that and worse happens week in week out and is never even looked at we come to expect that they aren’t penalties.

Looked to me like they should have had a second too. But if you’re fine to have penalty decisions go your way (the forest game) then it’s rich to start crying when they don’t go your way.

The problem is no one in the game actually wants the correct decision, they want the right decision for themselves only.

Until players and coaches start showing more honesty and sportsmanship I don’t ever see it changing.

The Diaz VAR incident was the most blatant fuck up all season that gave everyone the chance to get behind calls for better refereeing and everyone basically said ‘get on with it’.

I really wish there was more sportsmanship in the game and less reliance on deceit, the ‘dark arts’ and winding other players and fans up to get an advantage.

4 Likes