Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

There is massive misconception around Arteta. Some people think he is a miracle worker. The reality is that he is a chequebook manager.700 million spent and has only an FA Cup to show for it. He is basically the budget Guardiola.

3 Likes

He’s on his way out.

1 Like

Wouldn’t blame him.
Their supporters are a fucking disgrace, celebrating being knocked out of CL position.

4 Likes

Conte and Ange implying the same things about Spurs. They’d be mad to ditch him, unless he leaves of his own accord? You could see Man Utd possibly making a move.

I think it’s more likely he goes for the Barcelona job

1 Like

Wouldn’t have minded Ange at our club.

Interesting to note that Arne was Spurs’s first choice. Maybe those in the know reckon he’s a better coach than Ange

1 Like

I chuckled at your “budget” description because each have spent the entire budget of my country of birth during their respective tenures at Man City and Arsenal.

1 Like

I think some of the praise for him this season, especially early on, has gone over the top. You see how misguided it was that by half way through the season the praise for his “I dont get managers saying they need new players to impart their style, that is what is a coach is for” had been shown to be hopelessly naïve and he was demanding new players. But fair fucks to him, my respect for him as gone up with the forthright way he’s handled this.

2 Likes

No manager turns a boat around the way has been done like Arsenal have done without spending good money to do so. Arsenal spent money during the latter Wenger years, but spent it stupidly, and spend decently in Emery’s short time in charge and the results were still unsatisfactory. If spending has gone up (relatively) under Arteta it is because the clarity of what he was trying to do and the success he had with it early on gave the board confidence to back him.

He has done an undeniably good job that has married together lots of different areas of managing a side. He had a vision for what he wanted to do and committed to getting rid of players who didnt fit even if that provided short term pain that could have blown up in his face. People might not like the way he conducts himself, but its churlish to diminish the quality of the job he’s done there.

1 Like

Bentancur’s reaction to being substituted, was also a disgrace. Acting like a petulant child, Ange should drop him from the squad, for the next game.

1 Like

It’s a thankless job for a manager to take the fans to task. Consider our own Jurgen, and the esteem he is held in. On the couple of occasions over the years when he has had a word with the fans, it saw many start to question him, and not take to heart what he was saying.

Postecoglu is spot on, but at the same time, I also think he will leave Spurs. It’s been an interesting exercise is past tense. The fella is off. Inside, outside, everywhere… it’s quite telling about the culture he has found at the club.

Where next?

I think he has done a good enough job at Spurs to still be in with a shout for a very nice job. Arguably Man Utd might go in for him. At their best, going back to the 60s and then up to the Fergie teams, they played an attacking brand of football and Postecoglu can deliver that.

They might prefer Tuchel, and if that’s who they go for, it won’t be too long before Radcliffe and Basil Fawlty are falling out.

https://x.com/BBCSport/status/1790712187993874805

Im lost on this, Spain are doing it anyhow, so what is FIFAs involvement here.

Surely they can’t force a league.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/football/clubs-to-vote-on-scrapping-var-after-premier-league-team-call-for-it-be-removed/ar-BB1mrI2K

Hope this ends up in a roll back solely to offsides and Goal line. It shouldn’t go fully because we know what the real issue is.

They should be voting to disband PGMOL rather than VAR.

Kick Webb and his cast of entitled twats out of football.

6 Likes

Agreed.

I assume it falls with some review, hopefully not by themselves

14 votes needed.

Can anyone see it happen?

Will we actually vote to scrap VAR?

Who makes those kind of decisions at our club?

No
Yes
TAA?

I assume the sources of the multiple leaks at Old Trafford have been satisfactorily repaired, given how the Sly commentator seems to think its amusing.
Any other ground, any other industry which has the general public potentially in harms way, and its shut down.

1 Like

I doubt we will vote for it, the shit remains for us.

Basically the things that are factual and can be automated.

1 Like