Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

Someone needs to do a mental health check with Gordon. Casimiro just dangled his leg out and Gordon went by him without throwing himself on the floor. I dont think he’s doing ok.

No European football for ManU would be perfect. They are so bad it still wouldn’t help them for the PL.

Newcastle with at least 8 games in the Conference League. :joy:

Not a bad finish to this season for Chelsea. But at least 8 games in the EL don’t make things easier in the league for them.

Hope all three clubs do some heavy investments and brake some FFP rules.

2 Likes

Was about to say “corner well and truly turned” after the third, but then Wan Bisaka’s attempt at attacking made even joking about it seem too absurd.

1 Like

It’s quite fun though to watch games where you want everybody to lose, and absolutely don’t care who does.

1 Like

I am still attempting to grasp what “Europa League Conference Qualification” means

My FotMob table indicates Chelsea is in that slot, but Spurs already have qualified?

There is one more outstanding Europa league place if Man City win the FA Cup that goes into the league.

Spurs can still fall below Chelsea and gain that conference league spot if Man Utd were to win the cup but yeah I think that’s the reason.

2 Likes

BBC Sport understands Liverpool, plus three other unnamed clubs, are not in favour of scrapping VAR.

2 Likes

I think overall VAR would be fairer to us rather than some of the bias ref decisions that we suffered from before VAR.

5 Likes

When it first came in there was a noticeable number of offside decisions which refs would have given against us but VAR showed in our favour.

4 Likes

I don’t expect it will be scrapped anyhow.

Maybe some concessions will be sought and some changes in adaptions to it might happen but there is zero fault with the technology is there.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s not the technology that’s at fault but the implementation.

5 Likes

I think the good thing about what Wolves have done is their motion includes a bulleted list of issues the current implementation of VAR has created. It reads like a negotiation to improve the process in some pointed areas rather than an outright call to get rid of it.

6 Likes

Implement a 30 second rule.If VAR cannot tell in that time that something was wrong ,then there wasn’t a clear an obvious mistake by the ref.

3 Likes

LOL…

disaster written all over it…i can see it now…

‘footage is up mate, the still is there…you can clearly see a hand…’

‘times up mate’

‘but the hand…’

‘too late mate, its too late…we cant do anything now…its too late’

I would say the line drawing should be first to go.

If someone can’t spot an error in 10 it goes, also stuff like last night on that hand ball. Why are they even bothering looking.

It’s not hand ball.

Phew, my wife complained that I didn’t follow the 30 second rule, glad she was talking about var.

I can well believe it given the club is run by fucking gutless, spineless cowards.

This club should be the last club to show any support whatsoever to the whole VAR system and the corrupt PGMOL who implement it. We’ve been shafted by it time after time after time yet here we are endorsing it. Fucking turkey’s voting for Christmas.
If you listen carefully enough you can here Webb and his cartel of cheating cunts laughing their heads off.

Isn’t it already scheduled with the semi-automated offside system?

All they need to do is change it - not bin it.

The technology itself is fine but it’s when you have human involvement and hence judgement, well guess what - controversy erupts.

The solution is simple. You keep goal line technology. Like tennis and cricket its either yes or no. They accept it and move on. You also keep offside where the attacker is in front or not. Again simple. Maybe even a byline camera. Don’t let the VAR/ref determine whether the attacker interfered with the keeper. Again that’s judgement so just run with real time ref decision.

And completely fuck off the system where the referee has to walk to the sideline TV, be intimidated by the masses screaming in his face, to determine whether the hand was in a natural or unnatural position, whatever the fuck that means. Similarly when the defenders foot scrapes the striker its always a pen these days under VAR.

Has it got more decisions right? Maybe offside when its and inch here or there (except for Diaz infamous one…) but certainly just as much controversy.

VAR has destroyed the game we used to love.
I say used to, because now its an absolute chore to watch sometimes.

I can accept split second incidents get missed, VAR was implemented to capture and review those.

I cant accept split second incidents being completely ignored by referees, then a handful of officials with 100 slow motion camera angles doing exactly the same.
This happens far too frequently.

I agree with @jaffod , our club appear to just roll over and accept any shit thrown at them.

If VAR stays in its current form, I fully expect us to be shafted multiple times next season too, and our club to bend over and ask for more

1 Like