Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

VAR should be automated as much as possible, to remove human error.

I like the call for the offside rule to be simplified too - rear foot, single point of reference.

With these changes we should get accurate decisions within 30 seconds, so more of the spontaneity is recovered, as something important is being lost.

It’s a separate discussion as to what to do with PGMOL. Personally I would disband it and form a new thing, with some better rules to protect clubs from potentially biased officials, and also some better rules on a conflict of interest, which addresses where the officials are allowed to make their money.

Right and how would scrapping VAR and effectively give more leeway to these cunts is going to help?

1 Like

It might be a seperate issue, but it is definitely the easier to fix issue. Shoot the bastards and let the devil sort them out :wink:

Unfortunately the PL doesnt have the authority to make these sort of piecemeal decisions.

Offside is determined by IFAB and the PL cannot introduce a different interpretation of it. They can choose is they want to use VAR to help adjudicate the decisions, and have a degree of flexibility over which approach they use (even within the drawing lines vs semi autonomous there are slight differences of approach), they cannot choose to use VAR only for offside. It is kind of an all or none decision for them, and even if those choose all there are still a VAR protocol written by FIFA that FIFA affiliated competitions have to follow.

1 Like

Offside? Chips in boots. Sorted.

So, Brighton did it the right way, unlike us

The guys been talking about leaving for about 4 months.

2 Likes

…because he’s unsure of what Brighton’s plan is and needs clarity from Bloom

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yeah, waiting to announce his departure was smart so it didn’t impact their form.

:woozy_face:

1 Like

At no point have I said I want VAR scrapped. You’re misinterpreting what I said. VAR isn’t the problem, it’s the corrupt cunts who are running it that are the problem.
My point was LFC should be the last club to endorse it. Backing a system that has fucked us time and again.
Your point about giving them more leeway holds no water, if anything we’ve been fucked over more than ever since VAR was introduced, this season it’s been off the scale.

1 Like

VAR had been useful for non negotiable situations, offside is offside whether by a fingernail or a whole testicle so once the proper lines are drawn (and still once in a while you get the bloopers), then there is not much left to argue. The thing that is not working for me are the ‘up to interpretation’ cases. Is it a malicious violent tackle? Is it intentional handball? While replays give a chance to relook at the incident, at the end of the day, it’s just delaying a decision that ultimately still falls on the referee interpretation and that means human errors and bias will never be removed in those situations.

Fair comment.
I’d still rather Klopp waited, the media over reaction and all the talk of him leaving with a quadruple wasn’t helpful

1 Like

Reminder, as if one was required.

In many other industries, this level of incompetence or complete lack of integrity would come under the gross misconduct bracket, usually dealt with by verbal/written warnings often leading to dismissal.
In football though, a simple insincere apology will suffice.

Thats the kernel.
Managers lose jobs over this sort of ineptitude

"cant do anything now’

fucking incompetence is astounding…(or is it?)

Jesus, listening to that again… fucking unbelievable.

City will buy hackers or will buy the manufacturer of the device and install remote controlled shock ability, as well as a remote controlled steroid injector.

Where can you get one of those?
Asking for a friend :wink:

Not sure how to approach today. Our game will be on my main tv, but then think the city game on my iPad as it doesn’t make sense to watch for the arsenal score if city don’t drop points.

Just saw Saka’s long standing issues finally sees him have to sit out. Big day for that get to this point.

1 Like

I’ve flip flopped from wanting City to win as it will be tainted, to fuck I despise them so much, come on Arsenal.

I’ve now reached couldnt give a fuck territory and am having a completely Sky free day

3 Likes