Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

Ffs 2-1 Foden
Where’s the wall?

Geez…

what kind of wall is that

Stupid defender, jumped to the side and opened a hole in the wall…:person_facepalming:

swiss cheese wall. brutal.

Good plan from Villa to keep conceding free kicks on the edge of the box and then put shithouses who jump out of the way in the wall :+1:

Absolutely dreadful sequence of play from Villa

douglas luiz is not lasting 90 minutes

game is done

Not even Johnny Sinns is lasting that long.

The difference is a rather big one. This game its the initial VAR review doesn’t matter how long has been played. The Spurs game the VAR check had been completed and the game resumed.

The more you see City’s first goal the more offside Doku looks.

1 Like

Lets go…wild boys…

My point is that this refereeing group went back to get the decision right. The group in the Liverpool game did not.

Their excuse, that you can’t stop the game after the restart, is something I do not buy and I’d be interested to see where it says that in the handbook. After all it wasn’t that long ago they brought two teams back onto the field after the full time whistle to give Man Utd a penalty. If such a rule exists I’m sure it wasn’t intended to be used to make it impossible to reverse a bad decision.

1 Like

Sorry!!!

This is what they leaned on. Maybe technically correct, but still the wrong outcome

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I meant when I added my edit - they can hide behind the wording but it’s clearly counter to the intention when the rule was written. They probably should have seen coming that they would have absolutely useless clowns in charge of VAR and added an addendum saying “10a. If the useless prick on VAR is too busy watching the golf and eating his Maccies to notice an obviously incorrect offside decision on a goal then of course we can go back and review that”.

It wasn’t written out but I think it was implied.

1 Like

My money is on the new Abu Dhabi support who generally look like they have as much football knowledge as a fucking amoeba.
They will know the square root of fuck all about anything that happened more than 15 years ago (and probably a lot less than that).

4 Likes

Big chance missed.

Don’t know why I ever watch City. Excruciating tippy tappy tippy tappy around the box until they eventually squeeze the opponents to death. Give me some action and excitement.

2 Likes