Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

I live in hope…

I’m probably more interested in waiting for a KdB hamstring pull in the final minutes than putting any emotion into the prospect of a palace come back

Argh, now they floppy bastard gets subbed off

1 Like

And Beluga feigning injury to the ribs…then crying coz he didn’t get a free kick…gret lolloping dumpling

1 Like

Always said we can’t rely on other teams especially dross like this.

If somehow a result goes for us great. But we just win our matches and see if the lead stays the same or improves.

2 Likes

City has been very good but never reached their top form (playing magnificent in consequtive games) this season, so we have imo around a 50/50 chance at winning the league (which is good when Arsenal is still up there and not imploding).
Its a good chance.

Bitters-Burnley a plodding nothing so far.

I agree with this, 50/50 feels about right. A win tomorrow will put me into maybe 60/40 territory, and if we get through the week of 4/21-4/27 with 9 points, then I’ll feel 90% certain we’ll win it.

That’s only considering our results, if Arse and/or City drop silly points along the way, it’ll greatly increase our chances.

3 Likes

The whole schedule is shit today. It’s shit enough to force me into the garden to go and fix my irrigation and plant some new plants

Happy Dance GIF by SWR Kindernetz

2 Likes

I am a little deflated that on paper this stretch for city was one that looked among its most difficult…two teams who have given them bother in the past coming back to back immediately before their first leg vs Real. In my predictor I had them winning both, but still was holding out some hope.

Haha @Limiescouse

Imagine doing something productive on weekends. Sad cunt.

1 Like

Closes laptop and stops responding to work emails he didnt get to during the week

Animation Love GIF by Astrid_S

1 Like

Joke’s on me, I’m doing fucking coursework for my online degree.

Haha @PeachesEnRegalia

2 Likes

Moyes and Frank still being in jobs come the end of the season would surprise me more than Arsenal winning the league. It’d surprise me more than Utd getting 4th.

Moyes bought himself a ton of credit in the bank with that ECL win last season. They’re also still in the EL (albeit they should get fucked out by Bayer this round), so he’s made them a bunch of money. A midtable finish isn’t the worst thing in the world for them right now, so I reckon he gets another season.

Brentford seem to love Frank. If he manages to avoid the drop, he’ll still be here.

2 Likes

Moyes is an add one because I dont think there is much of a reason to believe this West Ham should be any higher than they are. They are 7th…above Newcastle. Above Chelsea. What does a better manager get them? 6th place? But this is the PL a side like this is never too far away from being in a relegation fight. The risk of changing him and it going wrong vs the benefits of a new guy coming in and being better is very weighed to the negative. Yet, lots of the fans are ready to be done with him. I think he’s just a dour cunt and makes it difficult to get excited about any of the good things he does for you.

2 Likes

At 0-0 in the Villa game, Diego Carlos finds himself with a Brentford defender bear hugging him at a corner and ultimately wrestles him to the floor as Carlos tries to make a run for the ball. The ref gives a free kick to Brentford :joy:

Absolutely lovely second goal from Villa though from that kid I’ve never heard of before he played against City in the week

This should be deemed a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Brentford turn it around. Awesome determination. Villa all over the shop. 2-0 to 2-3 in a little over 10 mins.

:clap:

For now but if results continue to go against them they’ll be 12th not before long. West Ham are big spenders outside the top 6, perhaps with Villa as the biggest and it’s pretty hard to play any worst football with the players they have. Worst defensive record in the league outside the bottom 3 before today.

Sure, and everyone below them loses they will stay 7th. IF IF IF

1 Like