Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

It’s Angeball, mate

That was a BAD second half performance from them though. It wasn’t just one of those days as you might argue for us. They kind of fell apart after the Norwegian went off. I don’t know if you can win the league being so reliant on one player, especially one who has had physical issues lasting the pace in the past including last season

1 Like

Did he go off injured?

I felt Arsenal would slip up, I expect it again.

Anyhow let’s see, we have to somehow get back to winning ways.

1 Like

Nothing obvious but arteta said he had an issue they wanted to manage.

1 Like

If they lose him or one of the CBs for the run in, Arsenal will be in trouble.

Sadly the most important thing is us winning our games. Rest becomes irrelevant and even more so when there are two other teams in the title race.

1 Like

Paul Merson is a massive massive massive bellend.

Why does he always talk as if he’s having a panic attack? Shut the fuck up.

1 Like

This pretty much…

Too much looking ahead. Next stop for us is Bergamo.

1 Like

Exactly! Who thought it was a good idea to bring him in

Merson is like all fans hes become insufferable now Arsenal have had a little resurgence, before that he said the odd stange thing but was fairly balanced.

He’s always been a snidey overpromoted prick.

4 Likes

Sounds just like my line manager.

1 Like

Arsenal fans heads have fallen off after yesterdays loss but they are just finding out what we have found out for the last few years - you cant compete with Cheaty (We did it once - without cheating we’d have another 2 titles). They have £80m subs. They paid £60m for Nunez from Wolves - hes played about 5 times.
Cheaters do prosper unfortunately.

Brighton’s 10 most valuable sales

Caicedo €116m
Cucurella €65m
Ben White €59m
Mac Allister €42m
Bissouma €29m
Sanchez €29m
Trossard €24m
Dan Burn €15m
Maupay €12m
Knockaeart €12m

1 Like

So I watched how Aston Villa won the gooners. They were exceedingly clinical when it mattered, especially Ollie Watkins’ goal.

That man had a defender on him and a GK to beat, his pace is slightly above average but his composure is ice-cool.

If only Nunez got his composure, he’s heads-on for Ballon Dor…

It’s worth noting that was Watkins’ third such opportunity of the game, the first two coming with the score at 0-0. It was also the first he turned into a shot on goal (the second did hit the post though).

1 Like

How many goals did Watkins score in the Prem when he was 24? He’s had years and years to develop his game and learn new things under new managers to become the player he is today.

1 Like

What he did in 1 match is what any LFC forward failed to do in 2 consecutive home games…

Since his winner against Forest the first week of April, Darwin has only scored against Championship level opposition in Sparta and a fluke deflection against Sheffield United. He deserves genuine pressure for a run like that. But what you are doing here is comparing Watkins in his best moment to Darwin overall. The comparison is not going to look good for anyone when it’s biased like that.

1 Like