Racism and all the bad -isms

Don’t you think its unacceptable to be singling out people due to their perceived sexuality,race and gender?

It happens on here quite often by a few people.

1 Like

There is a problem (in society as a whole, not here in this forum) with incorrect extrapolation. The most common example, perhaps, is being called antisemitic for disagreeing with Israel’s treatment of Palestinians.

I was accused by someone of hating black women once, all because I said that I didn’t find Gina Yashere remotely funny. I don’t find Miranda remotely funny, either; maybe I hate all white women. And Jimmy Carr is about as funny as a dose of the clap- must mean I hate all white men, as well.

2 Likes

Muck slinging and brush tarring is a regular occurrence in here.

Oh and guess what, another leftie chucking insults. That’s a first.

1 Like

How much do you think a single NHS webpage costs? How much of our money do you think was spent on the whole breast/chest thing? The meetings, the consultations, the experts, the advisors etc etc etc. Bet you get no change from £1m. Minimum. THAT’s why we have an issue.

Apparently if you don’t watch Black Panther 2 you are racist. There’s a video somewhere……

Feel free to contact me directly, we can meet for a pint and you can say that to my face. I’ll just laugh at you.

You’re assuming he’s old enough

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a problem of the change itself, would it?

You’re assuming my gender.

I’m guessing non binary, covered by he or she

If it’s got nothing to do with the topic, yes.

In this case I’m explicitly linking the privileges that come with those to the inability (and worse, refusal) to see that others don’t have that privilege and do suffer real consequences for that.

Oh guess what, another rightwing snowflake who can’t see anything but insults to them in anything of substance. Note how you continue to ignore the point that you don’t seem able to see anything outside of your egocentric world.

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home
(Note I used a straight white man :wink:)

I saw a quote from Jonathan Sacks (the former Chief Rabbi) regarding that:

"First let me define antisemitism. Not liking Jews is not antisemitism. We all have people we don’t like. That’s OK; that’s human; it isn’t dangerous. Second, criticizing Israel is not antisemitism. I was recently talking to some schoolchildren and they asked me: is criticizing Israel antisemitism? I said No and I explained the difference. I asked them: Do you believe you have a right to criticize the British government? They all put up their hands. Then I asked, Which of you believes that Britain has no right to exist? No one put up their hands. Now you know the difference, I said, and they all did.
"

4 Likes

Wrong, notice you haven’t messaged me. If you have the bollocks to type it, have the bollocks to say it. You’ll please point out where my privilege (fucking laughable) plays any part here. Or is this just one of your vague insults with no actual substance?

Why should I have messaged you? I don’t care about you enough to do that?

I already pointed out, as has @Mascot, that your whole privilege of not being in the group that suffers the real harms of the mislabelling makes you think it’s just an imagined harm, that no one actually suffers that.

I equally am privileged not to think I’m a chicken or a house brick (I claim my £5). Not being in a group that may or may not suffer in life does not give me any advantage, it just gives some (potentially) a disadvantage. But in the case of the trans community, that is a choice. As Mascot detailed, transitioning is bloody unpleasant. You can choose not to act on your base instincts, that’s what separates us from animals. You don’t have gender re-assignment surgery nor pro-nouns nor castration drugs forced on you. What the hell does my birth and upbringing have to do with this?

This is entirely encapsulated by the rest of your post.

You see it as a lifestyle choice, but for those people who transition, it’s not a matter of choice. It’s a matter of an existential battle.

You say it yourself that it’s bloody unpleasant and it’s not easy, and yet you make such casual assumptions about those people who do. If it’s not easy, then why the hell would anyone choose to do it? Quite clearly there is something that’s compelling enough, that causes enough mental injury to motivate going through that entire process, but even finishing the process doesn’t undo all that harm.

People kill themselves over this, quite literally. And yet here you are trivialising their struggles and the small triggers that could bring that pain back.

Yet you don’t want to see this because from your privileged point of view, it’s just a choice they make. They don’t have to do it, and so that they do it is their own problem, so why should you have to change even the slightest iota of your existence for them? The terminology change didn’t even affect you at all, except that you chose to take offence to it, which is particularly ironic. To not have been affected by mental health crises triggered from gender dysphoria is a privilege; to dismiss those who do because you never experienced it yourself is callous and egocentric.

4 Likes

You don’t get this do you? To not have that which you detail is not a privilege. Those who are could be considered to be at a disadvantage. Call 0 the point at which we all start. What you detail MIGHT send you negative. Doesn’t send me positive. Do please keep up.