Racism and all the bad -isms

He seems to imply that denying Israel’s right to exist is anti-semitic de facto. Not necessarily so. One can believe the resolution to British rule of Palestine was unfair to a major constituency without being anti-semitic IMO.

1 Like

You’ve already admitted just this morning that you don’t know any trans people.

So why don’t you go and talk to some? Get to know them and develop some empathy with the struggles they face before making ignorant sweeping statements about their lives?

Random quoting to suit your needs. It’s a CHOICE to act on your base desires. Thankfully.

We do not all start at 0. That’s the fundamental mistake you’re making. Until you understand what I’m talking about, I’m just talking to a wall here.

As with @Klopptimist, this is all a bit tilting at windmills. Nobody is making you call breast feeding chest feeding.

The only place I can find that the NHS refers to chest feeding is an information page aimed specifically at trans people in that position.

And does having a baby mean you can’t suffer from Gender Dysmorphia? Nope, obviously not. Although I can’t imagine that many people find themselves in the position of feeling like a man in a woman’s body, and also being pregnant. It’s clearly niche.

But, for that small number of people the NHS referring to chest feeding rather than breast feeding could be the different between them breast feeding or not breast feeding. With the best interest of the child front and centre, you obviously make that provision.

Guessing you started with a great advantage and went to university and did gender studies?

It’s not random quoting.

I’m highlighting that you are spectacularly unqualified to be this vocal in the debate. You understand nothing of the issue, you get basic facts completely wrong, and you don’t have any experience with any transgender people that could give you some kind of perspective.

The problem I have with this debate is that the people on your side start from the position of being unpleasant and nasty about people who’s lives and struggles you can’t possibly relate to. Your tone is mocking, disparaging and cruel. Your default is to ridicule and snigger.

The irony is that within the subject of trans rights there is a legitimate debate to be had about the the intersection with feminism and what the hell we do when those issues find themselves in conflict. But nobody who’s contribution to the debate is ‘what if I chose to identify as a house brick hur hur hur’ has any right to have themselves taken seriously and shouldn’t expect anything more than being told to fuck off.

So let me get this right. Unless I have first hand experience, know people with “skin in the game” possibly have been on training corses and hopefully have qualifications on the matter I have no say?

Can you please use your mod powers to close all the football threads please as by your own definition, none of us can have an opinion.

No I don’t. I don’t start from any position. You perceive it at unpleasant and nasty. But then you’re the one who throws the insults.

We’ve all got opinions, but when you are making basis mistakes like suggesting recreational cross dressing is the same as Gender Dysmorphia, maybe you should take a step back.

1 Like

Your default position on the the trans issue is to mock and ridicule people who are going through a difficult situation.

You aren’t curious. You aren’t genuine. You have no desire to learn more about the issue. You just want to make fun of people who are less fortunate than yourself.

1 Like

Nope straw man again. I never suggested they were the same, suggested they could be similar and the one could be the pre-cursor to the other.

Unless you believe that no trans person in history has ever experimented with dressing in “culturally considered” different gender clothes and accessories in advance of undergoing serious surgery?

That would (I’m sure you’d agree) be lunacy.

You know. I should come out of the closet, admit I’m gay and ask you to marry me. You seem to know what I want far better than my wife. That would work brilliantly.

We all have enough basic knowledge of football to have good debates.

But if someone turned up in the football spaces claiming football is played with an oval shaped ball, Liverpool are a Birmingham team who play in blue, and Kenny Dalglish was a Goalkeeper, they might be told politely to go away and educate themselves a bit before contributing further.

1 Like

Sorry, mate. I’m flattered, even a little curious, but I’m really not interested.

You can’t let it lie can you? You can’t just laugh and say “good point, hadn’t thought of that”

I would if you ever made a good point.

Not my fault you can’t see beyond your perception of the world.

That’s got to be a piss take.

The whole problem with you and people who share the same sub-Clarkson ‘you couldn’t make it up’ demeanour as you, is your singular inability to see beyond your own perspective and empathise with people who are not the same as you.

Your entire viewpoint across a range of issues is framed by the fact that you lack the empathy or imagination to understand that something that doesn’t matter to you could really matter to other people.

This isn’t about our perception of the world. It’s that when we encounter a small change in society designed to make a marginalised group feel more included my default position is to try and make that change, especially if it makes little difference to me, and your default position is to mock it, ridicule the people who would benefit and ultimately refuse.

3 Likes

You keep mentioning mocking and ridiculing. Saying I think something is strange, weird, batshit crazy etc is doing none of those things as these are my opinions. I think X is bonkers is massively different to saying X is bonkers. If you don’t see the distinction then I can’t help you.