Racism and all the bad -isms

wait? what?

Is my English the problem?

not sure, i think your saying theres no such thing as different races in Humans?

1 Like

As far as I understand, the term ‘race’ (for humans) has no biological meaning - it has a social/historical one though.

2 Likes

Cheers for sharing that @Limiescouse. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all well and good. But have you heard the blue people boo? It’s off the scale. :wink::nerd_face:

Louder for the folks in the back, Bill.

1 Like

Sexism alive and well in India:

This is hard to believe it is even real

Actual woke people can explain what they mean by the terms in 1 sentence. People who use the term as a political weapon to decry anything they dont like know they cannot explain it without presenting themselves as a massive racist arsehole.

3 Likes

Oh dear. The real concern is the number of people I’ve seen jumping through some mental hoops to justify her comments as free speech i.e. comparing her comments to those by Lineker for example.

Woke is all about race? Who knew.

1 Like

Finally, some freakin’ humor in this thread.

4 Likes

it’s really not all that hard

this Millennial generation is soft, they’ve never been challenged in life and she’s tripping over her words like it’s her first public speaking attempt. yet, she’s on TV.

and her biggest concern, is that it’s going to go viral.

giant. facepalm.

“Woke is something that is very hard to define, and we spend a full chapter defining it”

So in other words, you spend a chapter writing a load of bollocks!

1 Like

I can define it really simply

asleep
Tired Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

woke
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by ADWEEK

1 Like

Seems a fair call.

1 Like

It’s a difficult one but it comes down to having to define why there are there are separate women’s sports to begin with.

I still feel very sorry for Caster Semenya in all this as she has effectively been told that she can’t compete unless she takes drugs which is seems to be the polar opposite of what competative sport is about.

Yup.
Struggle to see how anyone can even think of countering that.

1 Like

It’s fashionable?