Racism and all the bad -isms

I am not “guilty” of confirmation bias in this instance.
@Klopptimist asked a question regarding stereotypes which I answered.

And in fairness your end line rings true.
The answer I gave has merit, irrespective of personal vuewpoints or indeed biases.

Then I apologise. I think I’m right that you’ve mentioned disability more than a few times on here. That tends to be because a person (or one close to them) is adversely affected by it. Would be like me frequently defending trans rights whenever they came up, you’d expect me to have a dog in the fight so to speak.

I have worked with people with mental illnesses.
But my advocay of disability/illness isn’t really based on that or personal circumstances.

Trans rights, well I have a dog in that fight as well, so to speak.

1 Like

So on the one hand the big problem is all these people getting offended on other people’s behalf, but when it’s people directly affected then it’s confirmation bias because they have a dog in the fight? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Everybody from Liverpool is a thief.

1 Like

Or, just that you were a human being.

Having a dog in the fight is often what help people see the damages of the popularly held stereotypes., Needing a personal stake in it to give a shit about someone else’s rights is sociopathic.

5 Likes

This is actually the NYT’s position on their coverage of Trans rights - dispassionate observers raising fears about the perils of treating trans people with respect are presented credibly. Actual trans people and their family members who fight for them are treated as unreliable sources who are too close to the issue .

They have done the same with their coverage of sexual assault.

Apologies. It was specifically the second part of his comment I was responding to.

1 Like

what about this?

What about it?

All Dutch and Yorkshire man are tight…

I’ve never heard that about the Dutch.

Ask anyone in Belgium :belgium:

Ask yourself this, how often to people campaign for issues that don’t affect them?

where is the boundary of LGBTQ movement? not the first I’ve heard that a student has identified as an animal. at what point do you say “sorry, we’re not putting a litterbox in the classroom”.

PS, my sister has her master’s in education and specializes in children with mental disabilities. She’s had to deal with this already.

Bullshit. In the USA people have the right to arm bears (I know) and I don’t give a shit about that right. Wanting people to not have assault weapons in their homes makes me a sociopath? You come across at times as a very smart guy. Then you post shite like this.

Wherever they say it is and you missed off the whole iPhone second alphabet page of symbols.

at some point the threshold from personal preference crosses into delusional mental illness like schizophrenia… people who are no longer functioning in the reality of society.

By coincidence, I’m visiting someone in Hertfordshire at the weekend and he just happens to be Belgian. I’ll definitely ask him.

Well only one of us seems to understand the difference between…

Only a sociopath has to be personally affected by something to care about it vs you have to care about everything otherwise you are a sociopath.

You should try at some point to develop some actual coherence in one of your arguments rather than relying in silly rhetorical tricks.

2 Likes