Racism and all the bad -isms

It’s quite some ratio he’s got going there

Heelsvsbabyface doing well on the likes.

They’re both shit arguments. Only people who have a childlike perception of what racism is and what the word conveys can think it precludes someone being racist just because they have black people in their inner circle. Actual racism does not present as a commitment to separate water fountains and overt performative shit like that. It is presented in ways that can allow someone to harbor appallingly prejudicial views on a group while still associating with people from that group they view as “one of the good ones.”

I have no thoughts on Barr or his wife, only the shitness of the argument made in his defense.

4 Likes

What, even if they “own a minority sex servant”? :astonished:

Depends if its one of the good ones.

2 Likes

:joy:
My wife is definitely one of the great ones. And by ones I mean women. She just happens to be an ethnic minority. Amazing that someone could still refer to someone’s partner as if they were their chattel. In 2021. Fuck me.

2 Likes

Good post.

Welcome back, by the way. :+1:

2 Likes

I was going to reply, but I realized what I was forming in my head was coming alarmingly close to the argument being made in that car crash of a tweet. Time to step away and go to bed :rofl:

What I will say is that lots of appallingly racist men make a point of sexually pursuing non-white women, precisely because their non-whiteness facilitates the dehumanization of a person you only want to think of as a pure sex object. We have a disowned relative in our family who moved to the Philippines for exactly this reason. Oddly, no one would have ever tagged him for a “racist” when he lived in the UK, which I think is a good example of how complex the issue is in reality.

3 Likes

Which is why I’m stunned that the bible is still legal.

So is a white woman with a non-white husband also possibly a racist? Or is it only white men with non-white wives that can also be racists?

Stolen from the funny pictures thread, originally posted by @Retro_Helix. Here is your answer.

1 Like
10 Likes

But what about Misandry

It’s about time half the population got the same protections as the rest of us…

Sadiq is a disingenuous useless cunt.

It’s at times like this, contemplating the tsunami of ignorance and childishness about to insert itself in the national conversation because of the suggestion that men stop behaving like arseholes, I’m reminded of the truism If you are used to to a privileged position, any move towards equality will feel like oppression.

Only of you were a misogynistic cunt to begin with.

Fucking idiot only knows how to bully old people and happens to bully the wrong asian granny. I only know too well from the canings I had when my granny and grandpa were still alive

John Bercow Parliament GIF

6 Likes

As ever, bang on:

4 Likes