Racism and all the bad -isms

Neither of the EU reps should have taken the seat.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with football,just people looking to cause offence(racism in this case) of one kind or another. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same person/people who have been abusing/racial abusing footballers and other people in the public eye for some time now.

I thought those issues had been addressed already? What exactly does he want Britain to do?

Build a time machine apparently.

1 Like

I’d quite like to see the family tree he’s plotted because I have a feeling that he may not have gone back far enough as well as ignoring a number of other relations.

I’ve not seen evidence yet that it was Liverpool fans responsible. It could’ve been anyone, but people will assume it was Liverpool fans. It’s possible it was some sick twat who supports another club. I’m thinking of one set of fans, not too far away, who are probably amongst the most racist in the country.

Yeah, but the club can’t put a statement out that says ‘Not having it that any of our fans are racists. It was probably fans of another club taking the piss.’

They just have to deal with the situation, and I thought the statement was bang on. It condemned the abuse, made it clear that the club deem it unacceptable, and it called on social media platforms to do more to clamp down on hate speech. Whether we like it or not, the social media corporations are the gatekeepers for the national conversation. This is their problem, and they have to deal with it. I’m don’t accept that platforms that can build sophisticated AI systems to identify when teenage girls are feeling depressed so they can be hawked make-up can’t develop an algorithm to spot hate speech.

5 Likes

Our captain!

No place for racism anywhere, anytime, ever.

5 Likes

I understand everyone has the right to legal defence but the manner of the defence in the Derek Chauvin trial is sickening.

1 Like

I haven’t followed the most recent news but from the testimonies I read a few days ago for the prosecution, and from the video, Chauvin’s surely going down for manslaughter (not sure if the equivalent is 2nd degree homicide or something in the US?).

But is this a civil or criminal trial?

I wish Liverpool also took a similar initiative. Players (because it’s their mates who get abused) must take some telling steps to force the Social Media to take steps to stop the atrocities.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

No, they’re not.

4 Likes

A BLM co-founder has purchased a $1.4m house in a basically all-white Californian neighbourhood…

There is understandable concern regarding where donations go. The parents of one of the victims of a police shooting are suing BLM as they used the victim’s image to raise funds for BLM, but did not offer any financial assistance to the bereaved or to their immediate community.

“According to [information provided to FactCheck.org]
(Donations to Black Lives Matter Group Don't Go to DNC - FactCheck.org) by Thousand Currents, about one-quarter of Black Lives Matter expenditures in fiscal year 2019 went to salaries, benefits, and payroll taxes and 46% went to “consultant fees,” but the audit provides no further details. A small fraction was spent on grants, and much of the rest was allocated to accounting, bank fees, information technology, insurance, legal fees, and office expenses.”

BLM raised 90 million dollars in 2020. So that means nearly 50m was spent on “consultant fees”

Listen to what they say - Watch what they do.

Because sooner or later it all comes down to money.

1 Like

No insights into BLM but have seen fair share of charities or social groups gone down when millions of dollars become involved

3 Likes

Sam Vimes mantra (Pratchett) always look for the money, that’s normally the answer.

1 Like

:eyes:
Meanwhile…