Racism and all the bad -isms

My thought was that Women’s and Men’s division would still exist but the elite competitions would be integrated. I’m interested to see by @Kopstar’s message that this does exist, as it obviously does not look that way when casually looking at those sports.

2 Likes

Female chess grandmasters? Not common.

My cousin was the youngest South African female chess grandmaster in history. I think she was 15 or something.

3 Likes

There are no female South African chess grandmasters :thinking:

2 Likes

Somebody needs to update this wikipedia page then :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

yep. what the actual fuck?

this isnt even from the 80s…r the 90s…or even the early 2000s…this is in the last decade.

fucking ridiculous.

Snooker is, but the players are mostly part time - not enough money in the game, but it’s gaining popularity. A friend I made at Uni works in planning full time, and plays snooker. At one point she was ranked 5th in the world, took a break as she was pissed off with the world of snooker. She won a juniors world champs. She’s in the top 20 at the moment and continues to work full time, which kind of sums it up I guess.

2 Likes

You’d think a club that have been on the wrong end of offensive chanting would know better :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Harry and Meghan inflaming the DailyMail and it’s readers by existing :joy:

I guess the court cases against the mail are going in H&M’s favour yet again.

2 Likes

“Heroes” …more like maniacal narcissists :rofl:

Now we have skin cancer ism:

That’s a weird reaction. It isn’t skin cancer ism.

What we actually have is a company making a mistake, that mistake being pointed out to them, and the company going ‘Yeah, sound. We’ll change it’.

Suntans are not a good idea.

4 Likes

In your opinion. I rather like what little colour I have. I don’t think they did make a mistake, I think they’re pandering to anybody who complains at them. Easy to do as a business.

For the record, is drinking good for you? Driving? Really good food? etc etc etc:

It’s a public health issue. Suntans are really bad for you and directly linked to skin cancer.

If you watch any alcohol advert you won’t see people pissed as farts, because it’s understood that drinking to excess is not a good idea and shouldn’t be glorified.

I mean, it’s not the end of the world. It’s probably a bit silly from Waitrose, but they have adjusted the ad without complaint. The only people complain seem to be the usual people who want to see political correctness gone mad everywhere.

1 Like

God damn M She U

Slip Slop Slap

Yep.

Name me anyone from AUs that doesn’t remember Sid The Seagull

3 Likes