Racism and all the bad -isms

So there’s a need within mens football to remove MOTM and replace it with POTM to help certain sections of society feel included!
How about people feeling excluded from WSL, why not just call it SL for inclusivity?

World’s gone fucking bonkers

I watched my Grandson play footy this morning. After the game in the manager’s post match huddle the first thing on everyone’s list was (as always) “who got man of the match” (MOTM).I’ve always called it MOTM and that’s what it’s been for most of my 62 years.
I’d care not a jot if it were to become ‘player of the match’. It’s a recognition of a good performance. If the term ‘player of the match’ became the phrase though I’d hope that sensitive folk wouldn’t take exception if I inadvertantly said MOTM.
Not long back I was out walking with a lad from our church. He told me that he’d bumped into a girl from our church while out shopping. He enquired as to how her son and daughter were? She informed him that her daughter was now ‘non binary’ and had changed her name to something like Zarg. Wanting to be supportive my mate said “good for her” which prompted the mum to shout loudly “IT’S GOOD FOR THEY”. It embarrassed him and he felt bad for trying to be supportive.
I suppose what I’m trying to say is changing titles or phrase is no problem, but there’ll be old duffers like me who will say something in innocence that may cause offence. Let’s hope folk are patient with us? :+1::nerd_face:

We really should put ankle weights on this Mbappe fellow. He’s making the other players feel bad with all of his toxic speed.

Here you go.

Well done, you. A multi-thread reply in less than a minute. You have toxic speed!

Like you wouldn’t believe Dorado.

I worked out of town with a guy who liked his drink… He used to float a Cheerio in his vodka of a morning and class it as his breakfast…!

Which is exactly the way it should be.

1 Like

An interesting (i think) and pertinent point here is that the role of Ripley was originally conceived and written as a male character. Sigourney Weaver came in to read for it and was the best person.
They didn’t change any of the script after the casting and it works because it was a great story with a great actress.

If all movie roles were done in this way, then a combined award would probably be okay, but the majority of roles are written specifically for males or females, and for me there should be seperation in the awards categories to reflect this.

2 Likes

I’m assuming we are mainly talking about the Oscars and the like. That’s a relic of how films were casted at the time: leading man, leading women, supports etc.

It tends to mean that a certain type of film is favoured. Otherwise you would be looking more at skillset - best child performance, best vocal performance, best greenscreen performance and so on.

If you look at other awards they tend to follow that format. For example, the Nobel prizes are awarded on the discipline: physics, medicine, literature and so on.

1 Like

Yet this was an argument held elsewhere on the forum not long ago and many said nonsense, women are just as capable as men. I agree with you BTW.

man of the match.

girl of the game.

sorted.

Could even have a category for outsider of the match…

1 Like

I’d have been too busy laughing my fucking head off.

I did not know that about Alien and Weaver. To me that just shows how brilliantly Weaver did to make that role / film hers.

Personally I’m not bothered either way but I do like the idea of a single award recognising the best performance by someone in film. That to me is independent of the story/ script or screenplay. It’s all on the actor/ actress / clay brick. It’s just recognising a brilliant performance

We can keep to MOTM - Mammal of the match, includes all humans and more!

2 Likes

But that would exclude the ref who’s usually the focal point of our performances!

1 Like

and “you people” complain about Karen…

Bunch of fucking Sandra’s

2 Likes
8 Likes

Fuck off John

Coming round here with his sensible points of view.

What an Ambassodor for OUR Club :heart_eyes:

1 Like