Rafael "Rafa" Benítez Maudes

Anyone heard anything from the Blueshite girl on Blue Moon who only ever posts about how we’re obsessed with her club?

Good luck, Rafa. I’m already getting a kick out of these Twitter dickheads rage quitting football.

2 Likes

Disagree entirely. Rafa is still an Anfield legend - both for his managerial career including Istanbul, and his tireless support for the Hillsborough families.

26 Likes

Lol :rofl: on the Everton forum they are comforting themselves that at least Rafa might be able to get Messi to join them :laughing:

Pure filth

Good luck Rafa, except against Liverpool, i hope they look after you. The Evertonians are lucky to have you.

8 Likes

Could not agree more. How does it diminish in any way what he did for our club and the fans. I wish him well except against us. And I have faith now that when they face city, chelsea and utd they will put up a fight.

If this appointment tarnishes your memories of the good times he gave us then I do feel sorry for you. Players and managers move, sometimes against their will sometimes not. As long as they fight and give 100% for us then I wish them well.

10 Likes

Legend

16 Likes

I see rafa attempting to play the stiff upper lip now… But when his flag is unfurled… He will shed a tear…

Always one of us

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the Derby.

I want us to be 4-0 up and I just wanna hear

“Rafa Rafa Rafa Benitez!!!

1 Like

One. Of. Us.

How anyone can watch that and question him is beyond me.

4 Likes

I didn’t care about them yesterday and I don’t care about them today.

I don’t really wish him all the best because I want is for them to be crap. Couple of losses and they will be nasty.

Of course if we do win both derbies that will be down to Rafa ignoring the fact they only got results last season by destroying our best defender and haven’t got anything before then for decades.

3 Likes

So the best case scenario is Rafa takes the job, then in Jan, Tranmere sacks their manager, approaches Rafa and Rafa screws Everton, leaves saying he cannot miss the chance of going to a bigger club, Rafa continues to live in Liverpool, win win

3 Likes

Rafa will always and forever be considered a legend.

Imagine a scenario were he was not appointed manager back in 2004. The likelihood is that we would have ended up with Alan Curbishley or Gordon Strachan (The other front runners at the time, after Mourinho has signed for Chelsea) We would have struggled qualifying for the CL let alone win it.

His first couple of seasons rank as my best as a Liverpool fan. The overachievement by fairly average team is what made it so brilliant. That set up the platform for future years. Would Klopp be our manager today, if Rafa had not won us the CL back in 2004 ? Seem unimaginable now but I think there is a very real risk we could have become Spurs 2.0 or even worse ended up like Leeds.

As fans of Liverpool what matters first and foremost is what Rafa did for this club. He was instrumental in our success then, and providing a platform for the future. He did more than anyone to fight Hicks and Gillett (at great personal and reputational cost), he connected with the city and the club and we all know would give his eye teeth to manage us again.

He is a legend, one of the most important people in this clubs history. Its a disservice to forget that simply because he manages Everton a decade after leaving us. I will always associate Rafa with some of the best moments of my life, that will never change. He deserves a respect not just for how he transformed the club on the pitch, but how he transformed and fought for it off the pitch. Much like Kenny Dalglish.

20 Likes

I still remember where I watched those games on the 04/05 CL run. I remember the excitement, nerve shredding tension and finally relief.

I remember (unsuccessfully) trying to postpone my wedding so I could go to Istanbul but having to settle for going to Liverpool to watch the final.

The journey is as memorable as the destination. And man did we have a hell of a ride with Rafa in charge.

Let’s remember also that he hasn’t rejected us for Everton. We haven’t asked him to return. I for one really can’t wait to hear a capacity Anfield rocking to the Rafa Benitez song again.

5 Likes

Totally agree,wish him the best except in the Derbies,when he will lose anyway.
And he can’t go finishing above us in the league.
He is entitled to earn a quid wherever,even across Stanley Park.

2 Likes

The man is in the autumn of his carrier, man like that often work for small clubs like Newcastle, Everton or go to places like China for that last ‘big’ payroll.

He will not bring them much further.

1 Like
1 Like

Good article by Balague:

4 Likes

I don’t agree with those saying Everton will still be shit. They’ve appointed a highly motivated manager who knows he’ll have to win over the fan base. Ancellotti proved he was just waiting for something better to come along.

Rafa will clear out the deadwood / dissenting voices, make them hard to beat and competitive. Could be a good shout for a cup. Not sure what the Everton fans would class as a successful season but for the first time in a while they have appointed the right manager. Can’t wait for the first derby!

2 Likes