Reds in Canada eh?

Is there an LFC bar in Toronto? I’m there next week and would like to see the WHU match from there.

Scallywags was the place, closed in 2020. I think most weeks it is the Elephant & Castle, 212 King St W.

Has anyone watched a game in Victoria BC at the Irish Tines pub?

I refuse to answer this question as I have never been to Victoria BC.

I know the pub, and I have heard it gets a good crowd for LFC matches - fairly tight, well organized supporter’s group in Victoria. I am just only ever in Victoria for work and on weekdays, and it is fairly hard to slip away for a noon kickoff.

yes I’ve been there. it’s a nice place

I will be in upstate New York in April, just an hour from Montreal so I thought I will bus up to Montreal and Quebec City for a week. I think I found the Liverpool fan club gathering pub for one of the matches, other than that are these 2 cities good for a week? I am not likely to be driving this time round so I probably will not want to venture to sights that’s too far out. Never been to Canada except if you count the 3 days I spent at Niagara Falls a few years ago.

I’ve never been to Quebec City but it’s on my bucket list. I hear nothing but good things.

Haven’t been to Montreal in awhile but it’s a great city.

If you have a week, you might want to get to Ottawa. It’s not far from Montreal. Those three cities will easily kill a week.

Quebec City is fantastic. Incredible food scene for a city that size. Look for somewhere to stay in the Old Town, or down by the original harbour below around Place Royale. The Chateau is great if it is in your budget, if not a drink at Bar 1608 is worth it.

Montreal has an enormous range of things to do - presumably that is where you will be catching the LFC match.

You think so? 3 cities in a week, would it be an overkill as that means 2 nights in each city? I was planning Ottawa too but was not sure whether it is meaningful to do 2 nights in each city.

Yeah I saw that LFC fans gather at Burgundy Lion Pub there in Montreal so I will be watching a match there. Yea I saw great things being said about the old town of Quebec city.

Thanks!

[quote=“gasband, post:27, topic:2938, full:true”]
so I thought I will bus up to Montreal and Quebec City for a week.

Plenty of street art to be admired in Montreal… I’m being a tad biased with this selection, but apparently, the street art throughout the City is most impressive

Yeah, it depends on your pace. If you like to just hang, you could easily spend a week in Montreal.

Best bagels I’ve ever had were in Montreal

St. Viateur or Fairmount? The great Montreal divide, though for me they are the top two either way.

Nice I probably will try to wind down and not to be too ambitious. I like bagels, thats a great recommendation. Thanks!

Cool I will probably do alot of walking in the city and just do urban touristy stuff so that will definitely be a cool thing to look out for. Thanks!

The two best bagel bakeries (St. Viateur and Fairmount) in the City are within two blocks of each other, not far off one of the great pedestrian touring streets, St.Laurent on the Plateau. That is NW of the downtown core. A walk up to the top of Mount Royal on a clear day is amazing for the view alone.

The NHL regular season will still be on in early April, and the Canadiens are not likely to make the playoffs - which means tickets will be available. A Habs game is a good time, even when the team is not great.

Coming from Singapore, ice hockey is not really a sport we watch although there are people playing it. I probably would watch it if the players fight each other :rofl:

Thanks for the bagels tip though, definitely trying them

I always enjoy watching a completely new sport in a big crowd of devotees. I saw a hurling game in Cork this Spring, packed house against Waterford. Still don’t understand the contact rules, but it was great fun.

1 Like

I’ve not been to Toronto (or Canada) since we moved back to the UK in 1996, when I was 12. Going back in March/April to visit family and will hopefully find somewhere decent to watch any games whilst out there.