Relegation Fight

Everton safe, between Leeds and Burnley. I hope Burnley go down.

I also hope there is momentum in the Leeds and Burnley action against Everton, who appear to be using Covid to sweep a lot of financial bloating under the mat.

1 Like

Would be nice to see Leeds stay up somehow.

Bye bye, Burnley. Still, you had a nice run.

Rather Leeds than Burnley imo.

You guys are having a laugh. Leeds fans are amongst the worst around. Burnley staying up would have been far better.

1 Like

Leeds play good football Burnley play rugby :rugby_football:.

I won’t miss Burnley, nor will any other proper football fan I guess, apart those from Burnley.

So Leeds stay in the PL. Good on them, congrats. :+1:

2 Likes

Just voted, feeling confident.

1 Like

well, looking at this next few weeks…bottom 5 look like this

with the last two matches for each club looking like this

Forest 34pts - Arsenal Home, Palace Away
Everton 32pts - Wolves Away, Bournemouth Home
Leeds 31pts - West Ham Away, Spurs Home
Leicester 30pts - Newcastle Away, West Ham Home
Southampton 24pts - (doesn’t matter they’re going down) Brighton Away, Liverpool Home

I don’t see that bottom three changing. will be interesting as Everton/Leeds/Leicester all have home games to finish the season.

I think a lot will depend on West Ham’s result in Europe tomorrow night.

1 Like

Everton probably get out safe even if they shithouse even a point in their remaining fixtures. That’s how dire Leeds and Leicester have been

Fuck you Brighton

1 Like

Leeds have something under Sam that might see them through.

Leicester are gone.

1 Like

Hope Everton do the tough job of getting out and then get the points penalty leading to relegation

1 Like

Love the clubs to threaten this legal action as clubs often get away with it to be honest or get it attached next season mind a 300m bill on top of 10pts I’d assume they’d be fucked.

20 point penalty please. I wouldn’t mind them playing throughout the season knowing they are fucked come end of.

They won’t be favourites for either match I suspect, but a West Ham focused on winning something and a Spurs side that doesn’t want to be there are both possible sources of points.

I loathe Leeds, so well enough either way for me.

2 Likes

Really depends if Spurs want Europa Conference.

A Brighton win in one of their 2 games in hand means it’s pretty much them or Villa. West Ham I expect will look rusty on Sunday if tomorrows game is tight if they win they probably won’t care much.

I suspect the Spurs players have minimal interest in a Europa Conference position, and not much interest in being on a football pitch in general right now. Playing for an interim manager, expecting their top scorer to walk out, I just don’t think they have much fight at the moment. There is every chance that they can hit the last day being able to survive by bettering Everton’s result, playing at Elland Road.

Everton £600m sale ‘close’ as US investors set to end Farhad Moshiri’s miserable reign

Relegation-threatened Everton could soon be in the hands of new owners as it has emerged an American investment fund is set to bring to an end Farhad Moshiri’s unsuccessful stint in Merseyside

777 Partners have emerged as the club’s preferred bidder. The club are looking to rush through a sale as they look to save both their Premier League status and their £505m new stadium project.

Pretty arrogant of a club like Spurs to think they’re too good for the Conference League.