Relegation Fight

I suppose - but the pragmatic Spurs fans I know think this season was a historic disaster because they should have had 4th, and won’t see a chance this good again for a while. Their expectation is that Liverpool will be back in the mix, they will lose Kane, and they won’t strengthen meaningfully. Any hopes they have will rest on being able to focus their resources on the PL versus the teams ahead of them.

This is it, no fine fees will hurt them, it has to be points.

1 Like

For the title, not for top 4 surely.

We have been absolutely horrendous by our standards and are still well in the “fight” for top 4, and could well make it in regardless.

When we get back to a decent level, even without squad improvement, it won’t be top 4 we’ll be targeting.

Right, but from Spurs point of view, that is another contender for one of the Top 4 spots that handed them an opportunity this season.

We dont have the endless reserves of oil (blood) money to help us ride through the tough bits which happen once every three seasons or so.

1 Like

Just realized this morning that the 2023 Deloitte Money League suggests that the 17th, 18th, and 19th highest revenue clubs in world football could all be relegated, Leicester, Leeds, and Everton. It won’t happen to all three, but it will happen to at least one.

3 Likes

Can be a winner take all at the last home game. Especially if Everton don’t get a result at Wolves. Hopefully both Leeds and Leicester win the next round of games and Everton don’t just to get it tighter.

Forest are safe most likely. This could be one of the rare seasons where the sides promoted still manage to stay up come end of season.

1 Like

Yeah a win should do it for them, but you could see them staying up with no further points

A bet on Leicester beating Newcastle would be fantastic for both reasons.

Feels like you are just throwing money away.

Forest to beat Arsenal would be my go to this weekend if you want a decent bet that might happen.

3 Likes

There’s very little chance of Newcastle being beat by Leicester(despite my optimism). Leicester’s defending is total rubbish. I do think Leicester are gonna be relegated this year.

I’d pick Leeds beating West Ham who surely have one eye on ECL though.If Leeds beat both West Ham and then somehow Allardyce shithouses a result against Tottenham (who have an interim manager) and nothing to play for. Everton might find themselves in trouble especially if they lose against Wolves.

2 Likes

Hippopotamus Head has earlier stated that the celebrations by the WH players on Thursday, have already given his Leeds team a psychological boost

One thing Leicester need to do is dump Dean Smith why in anyone’s mind he was chosen is beyond me.

He did average at Walsall
Average at Brentford
Crap at Villa
Crap at Norwich

And now this, he has been pinned as this passing “total football” manager but I wonder if it’s circumstances he evidently has nothing major on his CV and the set up at Brentford perhaps played more into that.

1 Like

Yeah but this season for Leicester has to be down to Brendan Rodgers more. So many seasons of experience and still can’t have a half decent defense.

Oh I agree, they just shouldn’t be running with him next season he is bog standard at best. I was surprised how average his record was actually.

Let’s be honest if he kept Leicester up it would probably be his best achievement.

2 from 3 now