RIP Gerard Houllier

I didn’t know where to post this link (have posted in RIP thread, but having a Liverpool connection i felt that wasnt enough.)

18 Likes

Fucking hell…

Awful awful news.

RIP Gérard

YNWA

8 Likes

Truly heart-broken. Rest in peace.

6 Likes

That’s really gutting. Didn’t get us playing the most attractive football, but made us hard to beat after years of being a soft touch, and modernised the club to help pave the way to get us where we are now. Seemed to have a genuine love for the club.

RIP Gerard.

15 Likes

RIP Gerard. Very sad news.

4 Likes

RIP Houllier, very sad news indeed.

2 Likes

RIP Gérard

Thanks for all you did

YNWA

3 Likes

Extremely saddening news. We were stale by the time he left but he went some way to re-establishing us and gave us some special nights to remember and ‘that’ treble. He should go down as one of us and a Liverpool legend.

RIP.

5 Likes

Oh no! Way before his time to go. I remember crying when he walked out at Anfield after his heart surgery. Amazing night.

He was an important step in reviving the club.

5 Likes

Thank you Gérard. Red through & through… RIP.

4 Likes

RIP

Really sad news

3 Likes

A real gentleman and friend of both the club and the city.

I still treasure a signed reply from him to a get well card I sent when he had his first heart attack. He was wise enough then to get out of top flight management which probably gifted him these extra years of life.

Sad news indeed.

Repose en paix , Monsieur Houllier.

13 Likes

Really sad news.

RIP Gérard. Brought me joy as a young red, especially that treble season.

4 Likes

Sad to hear this. Genuinely likeable man and a real ‘football man’ to boot. Helped the club become far more professional and laid the platform for some of the success in the Benitez years. RIP YNWA Gerard.

6 Likes

He loved the club and the city and gave me some of my best memories as a Liverpool supporter. The FA Cup win over Arsenal, the UEFA Cup win over Alaves and some great Anfield European nights after years without any. This has been a truly shit year. RIP Gerard.

13 Likes

Awful news.

He used to watch Liverpool as a young teacher from Anfield’s stands and managed the team to the treble, modernizing the club in the process.

A true gentleman and a true red, he will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

9 Likes

RIP Ged…

a true red YNWA… a true football man…

i dont really have the right words apart from to say he was a massive part of this club…

5 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOO…

Really shocked at this news. Such a wonderful man, his knowledge, generosity and humility are traits of his that immediately come to mind.

Damn. I felt this like a punch to the gut.

RIP Gerard.

8 Likes

Dragged us into the modern age… I will never forget that treble… A true Legend of the club…

Ged RIP, You’ll never walk alone.

8 Likes

Thank you forever for that memorable treble. I still remember that as if it were just yesterday.

4 Likes