Roberto FIRMINO: 2020/21

haha I was thinking the same thing, straight at the keeper.

Gut busting effort it must be said (if we are allowed any positivity any more and before he becomes the next scapegoat).

5 Likes

Tbf, he rarely gets that kind of open counter-attack oppurtunity playing for us

4 Likes

How we miss Lovren. Biggest error the club ever made not keeping our in house scrapegoat ā€¦ mark my words.

12 Likes

Butā€¦

Can he do it on a cold wet night at anfield?

5 Likes

Scored 2 goals for Brazil but none for us. Klopp not getting the best out of Firmino. Useless.

2 Likes

Probably due the fact that dropping into a deeper role meant he had to take most of the shots farther from the goal, than he used to?

But again that might be just one factor and it could be a combination of that with his finishing dropping a level or so.

2 Likes

Just shut up Paul you muppet.

2 Likes

Oh The years that I wanted to worry about my centre forward not scoring enough goals as we smashed the league

4 Likes

JĆ¼rgen saying no issues with Bobby. So heā€™s either right or heā€™s covering up or heā€™s @Alright_Now.

Iā€™d say A or C.

2 Likes

Bobby has not been at his peak for about a year. That is not to say that he isnā€™t an outstanding player. Heā€™s still a quality presser, a hard worker, and a very intelligent player. But his finishing has been objectively worse and there are matches where he seems a bit out of sync with everyone.

My theory is that Bobbyā€™s worn down a bit. His workrate has been massive for years now. Heā€™s rarely missing games. Leading Kloppā€™s intense press and a key trigger in the attack. That has to be incredibly taxing physically.

I think having Jota and Minamino to rotate in will give him more rest, and hopefully heā€™ll be able to return to his peak form again - at least for longer bursts.

3 Likes

A bit better than in the last few weeks but still far off.

1 Like

I thought he played well. Some key chances came through his quick control and passing. Ran down stray balls. Well in the match.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Mad thought. Firmino used to be a central defender didnā€™t he?

2 Likes

Defensive midfielder I think.

1 Like

BWAHAHAHAHA

Key piece of our title defence and Bobby tries to kick him in the head.

Classic Bobby.

3 Likes

I knew I read something somewhere. Just couldnā€™t remember the exact position.

1 Like

Firminoā€™s confidence looks shattered. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s fatigue or some mental issue but he doesnā€™t look anything like that guy who dyes his hair red, wear red-tinted glasses and scores without looking. Not being able to score or assist is one thing, playing silly backheels in the middle of the crowd in front of your goal is another. Klopp loves him, we love him, too, but I think itā€™s time for him to take a back seat for Jota or Minamino until he finds his mojo.

3 Likes