Position: Forward
Height: 1.81m
Weight: 76kg
D.O.B.: 02.10.1991.
Town of Birth: Maceio
Country of Birth: Brazil
Nationality: Brazilian

1 Like

Getting even a 10% improvement on last year would be phenomenal. It’s not asking much to be honest, he was really bad last year. If he stays at last years level, AND he still starts, then we will really struggle this year. The bonus is that he finished off the year very well.

Give the fans to Bobby and he’ll score…

2 Likes

Yeah, no fans probably effected him the most.

1 Like

Nice of him to get off the mark early! Think he’s going to be on fire this season.

Jota got his goal, but I saw better performances from him. When Bobby came on, we immediatelly pressed better and passed/moved better/quicker. So far the signs are that this attack is still very hungry to play together. Contract situations aside, they all look focused.

2 Likes

Yeah I think Firmino generally plays the centre forward role better than Jota does - in this context, with Salah and Mane as the wingers. That’s not a slight on Jota, he’s just a very different player type with other strengths. Really good at getting in behind the defence and get on the end of things.

Great to see them both get a goal. All in all a fantastic start to the season for our attackers, they all look sharp and ready.

2 Likes

That was because of the change Fabs bought in imo. Our whole midfield moved up 2 notches, it was as clear as daylight to see. This allowed Firmino to find space between the lines where he can be fantastic.

1 Like

Forgot to add this yesteday. In some games when we have either Jota or Mane as our false 9, I’d like to see more rotation and change of position between them. Easier said than done, that is often more in our fan’s imagination than it really happens (probably most to do with team structure), but maybe if one is struggling a little bit (I think one more example was Madrid away last season), they can swap. Maybe once or twice at most would be enough. I know we would all rather have Salah and Mane in their best roles all the time, but those are the few times when I’d just tweak it a little bit if the central guy (and that’s an important position for us) is struggling.

1 Like

Firmino’s strike was the club’s 8,000th league goal, with the first scored back in 1892. (May have gotten lost with the focus on Mo’s record setting 5 successive seasons scoring goals in the opening match.)

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s a theoretical strength of having Jota in the front line instead of Firmino. I say theoretical because I haven’t seen it function yet, but if we could get that to work it could be amazing.

I think Mane in particular could be a good false 9, Jota is much better when facing forward, not very good back to goal and in deeper areas. At least not on the evidence so far.

But there are also games when having three quick face-forward players is the way to go. Atalanta away is the prime example so far, when we found so much space in behind their defence.

There’s also the challenge of getting all four in the same lineup and make it work. The few times we’ve done that I thought the regular front three kind of just did their thing, with Jota not quite finding his place. Which is understandable since it hasn’t been put into practice too much, and those three have such a great understanding between them.

1 Like

Any words on his injury???

According to Instagram it looks like little Bobby can still shoot and score :rofl::rofl:

Details please :sunglasses:

His missus is pregnant

1 Like

Is Bobby really out 2/3 months?

Seeing those rumours. Won’t be confirmed till window has shut but seems like we might be facing the Matip injury reversing the CB decision again and now Firmino is out an attacker comes in last minute.

1 Like

If it is true he’s out for 3 months go get Raphinha from Leeds or someone quick