Roberto FIRMINO: 2021/22

West Ham Celebration GIF by West Ham United

1 Like

Wasnā€™t something similar said over Matip while the window was open?

1 Like

Come on.

1 Like

Interesting thing about Matip is that he was essentially carrying an injury for the whole of last season that he played through (so much for his supposed fragility) but it got too much eventually. I think Davies was always on the cards, but Kabak was more dependent on Schalke getting a replacement in, so the timing was simply about waiting for said replacement to move. Thank Arsenal for that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the info we got, he played a few games with pain is what we were told.

Iā€™m fairly certain JĆ¼rgen said this. I remember having to ask @Mascot or someone to confirm that I wasnā€™t just hallucinating about this.

For 2 games, yes however there was no info on what the injury was. Also it wasnā€™t as if we didnā€™t have other options even if it they werenā€™t as good.
There was the match where Matip played like he had a stick up his arse and if I remember correctly he was subbed at 1/2 time.
I acknowledge the sacrifice he made however not the duration of that sacrifice.

Back to Firmino at least, I think weā€™re in a much better position to deal with that now compared to two seasons ago, with both Jota and Minamino able to play that mobile, pressing, play-linking forward.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the Ox. Heā€™s been tried out there a few times.

1 Like

Yes, but if Iā€™m being honest, I actually favour Minamino out of the 3 of them for some reason. He just seems the most stylistically similar to Firmino, whereas Ox is a slightly different player. Firmino still has the ability to poach in and around the box, while I think Ox tends to move further out of the box when shooting?

Imagine if weā€™re both wrong and the replacement Firmino is Harvey Elliott.

Just put Bobby inside a full Anfield (not necessarily on the field) and he will be fully fit in couple of weeks.

Iā€™m sorry, did you mean a couple of seconds?

I heard the hamstring injury is going to put Firmino out for 3 months but Edwards is trying his best to negotiate with the hamstring to bring it down to a month and an additional month after we win the league.

3 Likes

Itā€™s Edwards, most likely itā€™ll be structured as 2 weeks now (and thus until the end of the international break), and 6 weeks approximately some time after his retirementā€¦

1 Like

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Any update on his injury? Iā€™ve seen anything from between 3 weeks and 3 months (eek).

2 Likes

Canā€™t not love Bobby.

4 Likes

just scrolled through a fluff peice linked to 365

about the six other players signed the summer we got Bobbyā€¦

readyā€¦try guess then scroll down

Milner, Bogdan, Ings, Benteke, Gomez and Clyne.

i never would have gotten Bentekeā€¦they seem like they were signed ten years apart in two different eras in my mindā€¦

1 Like