Roberto FIRMINO: 2021/22

Is Bobby fit yet? I don’t want to think about Benteke thanks.

1 Like

That brings back memeories, I was only interested in Milner and Gomez and they were the only ones worth a shot (along with Bobby of course). 3 out of 7 is much better than I would have thought from that era so not a bad window on reflection.

Clyne did okay for a while too.

He was rubbish! :wink: … or at least I didn’t rate him, I was glad when he left.

Clyne and @ILLOK :rofl:

At the time I was pretty hyped we’d signed Benteke. He’s scored some bangers for Villa. How wrong was I. I was also excited about Andy Carroll.

2 Likes

So was I until I saw him playing with his back to goal, Kuyt would have been soo much better at that.

I think rubbish is a bit harsh.

He did a good job, and was defensively solid in his first couple of seasons, but when Klopp started to evolve the team to be more attacking and creative, he struggled and ended up with that back(?) injury which ruled him out for close to the season and made way for Trent to get his chance and since then we have not looked back.

2 Likes

I was never sold on Benteke, but I was hyped as a kid on xmas morning when we signed Carroll. Sadly, like so many xmas mornings I was left disappointed

Like getting a kick ass toy, then finding out your parents forgot to buy batteries.

More like parents buying the batteries and forgetting to buy said kick ass toy

My definition of rubbish when talking about ‘our’ players past and present is not good enough for the 1st team. So yes, rubbish in most peoples minds is harsh. :blush:

But he was good enough for our first team when our first team was what it was - rubbish?! He was one of out better defenders. Going forward, not so much. Another AWB. At that time not rubbish, but now rubbish, going by your metric/definition.

According to who?
BR?
Not me and when I’m writing my opinion counts more highly than any other. :grin:

Edit: who/what is AWB?

But are you saying he wasn’t good enough compaired to other options at the time, or not good enough to what we have now?

Of course if your comparing to what we have now he wouldn’t be good enough, but then again, how many RB’s would be good enough compared to the best in the world? But compared to RB’s back then, he was up there as one of the better options

I’m not comparing I’m saying he wasn’t good enough and shouldn’t have been bought. We deserved better …

Deserved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What you’re essentially saying is that (in your opinion), Clyne wasn’t good enough for Liverpool FC, regardless of where the club was at at that time. - so CL and PL winning players are the only ones good enough now and we deserve better.

The club couldn’t attract the best players when Clyne came in, and as far as I’m concerned, he was better than we had, and a good acquisition. He wasn’t rubbish in the team he joined. Drop him into the current team and he’s rubbish.

AWB - the full back at United.

Also personal opinions - he was good enough in my book, not good enough in yours. Fair play

Season 1 Netflix GIF

Your trying to be too clever, reading too much into a simple opinion.
Of course my opinion was based on where ‘we’ were when he came in.
BTW Gomez was much better imo.

I have never made any comment about him, where did you pull that out from?
Your being very disingenious imo.