Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

That’s just fairly standard isn’t it?

If he got a Jota type deal where we pay £5m as the first installment and the balance over the next four, that would be quite impressive.

Not really sure how we judge Schmadtke’s impact this summer. Two deals done for release fees, something approaching what Southampton have been after for Lavia all along and two decent deals for outgoing players. I’d say he’s doing alright but not Edwards level dealings.

2 Likes

It’s true its difficult to gauge Schmadtke’s impact this window but I think you may be a little harsh here. Edwards triggered a number of release fees to get players in.

I thought I read somewhere payments are more commonly paid over 3 years (while bonuses and addons cover the length of the contract) ?

While the two deals done so far were release fees, I think it still required some negotiation there on the structure, at least on Szabo’s which is why I think we didn’t trigger the deal earlier?

As for Lavia’s deal, it was probably always going to be around the price Southampton were looking for, particularly in this market. However, if it is true that the deal in total is worth £45m then I think that is win. I think the real question is what the structure of that deal is.

I always expected something like £40M + £5M realistic add ons + useful loan

Morton for the loan is a good shout, although how that leaves us numbers wise for the midfield, might be too few, unless we are signing another midfielder.

Anyway, hope this is finished and he can hop on the plane to Singapore with the group. The playing and training will all be there, for years to come, but in the first instance, especially on a trip, there is a great chance to bond and integrate with some teammates.

The flip side is one of the biggest challenges in youth coaching is convincing them that a lot of the running they do is unproductive, and that if they’re already in a good space to get the ball to not run away from it.

1 Like

I dont know they’d be that interested. They have already brought Shea Charles over from City who, while he’s a different sort of DM , looks like he’d be the Lavia replacement.

2 Likes

If not Southampton , They’ll be other championship level clubs lining up to get him.

I want Morton to play more but We are probably in the Harry Wilson state w.r.t Morton , While the guy is good enough to play in the lower premier league sides , He’s not good enough to play for us.

If we are getting another midfielder apart from Lavia , the movement of Morton(either on loan or otherwise will be a solid indication

Klopp emailed it to them from the top of The Big One in Blackpool.

Yeah Shea Charles is the Lavia replacement and they also have Joe Aribo, Stuart Armstrong and Will Smallbone who are all good for Championship level (Smallbone was brilliant on loan at Stoke last season). Of course I’m assuming Ward-Prowse leaves but if not he will be the best midfielder in the league most likely. I think we’d want Morton to go somewhere he would play a bit more often.

2 Likes

Is there a signal up there?

Ask VVD.

Smoke Signals Smoking GIF by Pierre-Julien Fieux

1 Like

Probably some pigeons knowing Blackpool.

Romeo, wherefore art thou?

Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir

1 Like

I hope to god its not this pigeon

Premier League Football GIF by Prime Video

How do Everton fans even take that ?

Must
Not
Derail
Thread
……

Premier League Colombia GIF by Everton Football Club