Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

We have had terminologies such as press resistant and progressive destroyer being used…notice in this one they are using

“A multi-functional operator is now the preferred option”

:joy:. FFS , its a game , you have positions etc stop trying to come up with terms etc to make it sound more complicated than it is :joy:

1 Like

FFS, there’s a very simple word for that, Milner :blush:

3 Likes

I envision if we get him to start the match reading that wearing a hard hat and driving a forklift :joy:

Are many Liverpool fans listening to this guy anymore?

He’s somewhat reliable but a lot less than some suggested previously.

But Gravenberch is not a holding midfielder or a DM.

He will be utilised as a multi functional operator

I don’t think our idea is to bring in another one.

You mean a two-way player?
playa in me GIF by Interscope Records

I thought Reddy said we wanted a controller and a progressive destroyer?

Which one of those is Endo? To me he’s more controlling destroyer or a progressive controller.

How well does a multifunctional operator translate to either of those other roles?
Do Bayern not play with any of these roles and that’s why he’s not getting game time?
Can Ryan do a hybrid of these?
What’s the Dutch for “progressive multifunctional controller”?
Will anybody invent a new type of role we’ve not heard of yet before the window closes?

All very exciting stuff.

I literally wrote those exact words in that post and then deleted them in favour of “progressive multifunctional controller” :joy:

I’m quite partial to a chicken fillet roll myself.

Phillippe Lahm
Steven Gerrard
James Milner
Frank Rijkaard

In Germany we don’t say ‘jack of all trades’. In Germany we say…

7 Likes

Do Swiss people just call their celebrated implement an army knife? :thinking:

1 Like

Dunno but if they use them , I believe it makes them a multi functional operator.

I remember buying one in the market off some dodgy looking guy for nearly £40…
When I got it home, I couldn’t open any of the blades or implements, they had somehow fused together… Now known in our house as a Swizz Army Knife :0)

I believe if he is not good enough for Bayern then he is not good enough for us. He doesn’t sound like the press resistant, box to box, explosive, energetic Swiss Army knife type

1 Like

Wouldn’t want an explosive Swiss Army knife anyway

I think that’s called an “Instant Pot.”

Hard to read what might happen this week, but we have a reasonable relationship with Bayern and this would seem more likely to me than the other links eg Andre Trindade. He may be a player we think can do the holding/6 role. See what happens.