Sadio MANÉ: 2020/21

Some Crooks knows it better than Klopp who is working with the lot for years, seems legit :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Garth Crooks should stick to singing American country music,the fuck does he know about football anyway.

9 Likes

:joy:

Does he still have that team of the week thing?

I used to play with that thing a long time ago, picking my best XI in whatever formation out of the players he shortlisted.

4 Likes

He does still do the team of the week and he still doesn’t have a clue how to pick it.

5 Likes

He’s got a simple basic formula: three from United; De Bruyne plus two others from City; Kane plus two others from Spurs; one from a “plucky” smaller club; and finally one from Liverpool, through gritted teeth.

9 Likes

As well, lets not forget he was an incredibly ordinary player, and only rose to prominence because of equality issues. In terms of football understanding, near retarded. He actually was a political prop.

2 Likes

And his Liverpool picks usually include a dig at others and read like:

Jordan Henderson - a good week for the Sunderland born superstar. He had to work extra hard to cover for the disappointing Naby Keita. The £90 million Papa New Guinea native has been a massive disappointment since joining Liverpool in 2015.

11 Likes

If you can’t be arsed to open the link here are Gareth’s comments

Jurgen Klopp must be careful not to alienate his Ghanaian superstar. The £50m signing looked visibly upset when Klopp subbed him at half time for Mo Salah. And with two goals in the game already, who could blame him? The hat-trick was there for the taking.

Liverpool were carving open West Ham for fun, and instead it was Salah who took home the match ball with three well taken goals in his cameo. The Moroccan target man is now tied for the golden boot with Harry Kane, and Mane will be looking to close the gap on them both.

With Mo Salah confirming he will leave the club in the summer for Real Madrid , it would be foolish to upset Mane. Klopp must now build his attack around his record signing, even if this means Salah has to bide his time on the bench.

When it comes to replacing Salah, Liverpool should look no further than Chris Wood. The Sheffield United marksman shares many attributes with Salah, and would fit Klopp’s system perfectly.

4 Likes

Yes.

Manes second goal in particular was a highlight…

1 Like
2 Likes

So which emoji is appropriate…

:rofl: or :flushed:

1 Like

The issue is at first read I didn’t even click it was a pisstake until the mo hat trick/striker link, that’s the level of analysis that gets passed off in some quarters…

3 Likes

And Ghana/Morocco didn’t sound alarm bells?

2 Likes

It’s not unthinkable that the person in question could make those kind of mistakes.

3 Likes

Frankly, I thought @Mascot wrote that stuff just for funs sake.

1 Like

He did… but I still had to click and check because that guy sprouts some stupid shit and it wasn’t outside the realms of possibility that it was what he really said.

1 Like

:rofl:

I haven’t checked the link.

2 Likes

To be fair, I’ve often watched Chris Wood play and been convinced it was really Mo moonlighting for another team. Theirs games and attributes really are almost identical.

1 Like

Think his level dropped a tiny bit down to the pre-middle of 18/19 season. Since then, he hit a new level. But lately, together with the rest of the team and especially attack, we’re forcing it too much (not like Salah hasn’t been doing the same these past few games and Bobby also had some bad touches in and around the box). Like a kid playing PES or FIFA, just constantly pushing that running at speed button and going too much with the same repetitive physical attacks. Too many touches on the ball, not sober enough, not precise enough, not simple enough. I’d expect him to cause more problems to someone like Kyle Walker-Peters.

2 Likes

KWP was aided by the ref. He could man handle Mane and get away with it. Sadio did beat him on occasions, but the Saints did good last gasp defending and blocked many attempts.

They problem is more of too many disruptions to our back line, impacting on our approach okay

1 Like