Science and Technology

Well worth a listen. The one about AI in warfare is chilling:

They’re always excellent, Christmas ones are a real highlight for me.

I didn’t know where else to put this but I figured I can squeeze it under “technology” moniker.

Anyway, I need help from you folks, specifically those who can access this Web page (it is hosted in China and I can’t access it even with VPN, although it is said to be available). I need the drivers for a particular Bluetooth dongle, can anyone download them for me and upload it to a service that is available to me? The link is:

http://www.comfast.cn/uploadfile/é©±ćŠšć‡çș§/bluetooth5.0-Bluetooth%20adapter%205.0%20Driver.zip

Alternative website:

http://en.comfast.com.cn

Thank you in advance, folks!

Tried various methods, no joy sorry :frowning: What’s the dongle model number?

Thanks nevertheless, mate. The dongle number is CF-B02 and it allegedly uses Realtek 8761B chipset.

It’s not one that has a built in usb drive with the drivers on is it? That Chinese link is a pain, odd way of doing it too linked through a txt document. Encoding videos so have an hour to kill :wink:

No, unfortunately not
 I’ve tried downloading them from the link that was provided in the package (QR code and all) but it’s either dead or simply unreachable to me. I’m also trying the drivers from other manufacturers who use the same chip in their Bluetooth adapters but none have worked for me so far.

Tried a few countries on the VPN, no joy. Looks like you’re buggered. Guessing Windows auto driver update was a dead end? The only way I can get a certain make of touch screen to work is via Win update.

Edit: No luck. Download completely stalled at 9MB, and I am not able to resume the download this time.

Downloading now (very slow trickle). It’s going to take a while. I will check the content once completed and will let you know.

FYI: I am using a download manager (Free Download Manager v5.1) + VPN. Using the Firefox built-in downloader did not work.

1 Like

Yeah, auto-update generally sucks but I’m desperate. :joy: Still, thank you very much for helping me, much appreciated!

Thank you, mate. Any help is appreciated. I’ve also contacted their support this morning but there’s still no answer and I doubt they will reply but I thought I should give it a go anyway. If your download makes it to the end, please let me know. I don’t have a clue about where this one is hosted.

1 Like

Looks like comfast is completely offline for me at this time. I will check again later.

1 Like

@Nikola have you tried this one đŸ’»Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 Driver (RTL8761b) – seanmauch.com ?

The 1st which comes n the CD package of the Realtek dongle.

Yes, I have, but for some reason, Windows 10 is giving me “error 31”, it can’t load the drivers. That’s very strange but I’ll keep digging. Thank you very much, though!

If your still struggling by the weekend, I will send you a copy of Driver Genesis. It’s a great tool that’s always come through for me.

1 Like

@CanuckoLFC managed to get those drivers for me in the end. Thank you so much, mate, and thanks to all of you here, too!

3 Likes

I paid for a month’s subscription to Discovery+ so I could watch the Aussie Open on Eurosport. However on my TV there is no commentary on any of the matches
just a stream.

I have to watch on my ipad or pc to get a commentary. There doesn’t appear to be any settings on the TV app I can tweak to get the commentary

Any ideas guys?

I had the same thing when watching football on AmazonPrime, I can’t remember how I fixed it now, but it wasn’t obvious!

I appreciate that’s no help at all, and it’s also too late for the Australian Open, but I thought a bit of solidarity may help you feel better about the situation.

1 Like

@Rambler @Aurelio Are you watching the same matches? One of the avenues streaming has opened up is coverage of way more events/macthes simultaneously than was possible before, and not all of them will have commentary. I know in the Olympic coverage in the US, a lot of the stuff that is only available on a stream is action and audio only with no commentary.