Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

hahahaa…for anyone that saw that…

You may call me a dumb kent…I cannot read, it seems.

2 Likes

Great, although I’m storing this one in the bank to be cashed in at some time in the future :wink:

Bonus chart:

xG-per-game average since 2017: 1.99
Goals-per-game average since 2017: 2.14

Our current rolling 10-game average xG of 2.60 is the highest we’ve reached in this time period.

4 Likes

Update please? I’m almost out of Swarfega…

Over to you, @PeachesEnRegalia

11 Likes

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Anyone interested in this type of update here?

This season

Last season

7 Likes

Good one @Nobluff it compares similar timeframes.

2 Likes

:unamused:

6 Likes

Still 96 points to play for. I reckon if we can pick up 90 from the remaining 96, we’ll probably win the league.

1 Like

This Season

Last Season

Top of the league in September. Sorry bitters.

2 Likes

The concerning bit is that Cheaty were completely off the frame last season at this point, and still went on to win it with relative ease. This season, they are already knocking at the door.

The match next week bears already a lot of importance imo. Lose this, and we might be bereft of a lot of momentum and confidence going forward. Win it, and it will be a big, big signal sent to the league that we mean business this time around.

5 Likes

What might be helpful is also how close they were at various stages of season the one before rather than just the previous one. If they had been knocking at the door at various stages like this one, it’ll be an interesting aspect to consider since we won the league eventually. Might not be the case during the latter stages since we were done and dusted with the league way early.

They do have the ability to just keep winning if they have to. We had an amazing run towards the end in the 2018/19 season but they didn’t drop even 1 point. We usually finish the season strong so we need to be in the thereabouts at least around March.

3 Likes

This Season

Last Season

4 Likes

10 Likes

Well, that’s cheered me up a bit. A point on this fixture last year. Two points down for City.

2 Likes

Let’s just win every game until Chelsea and reasess.

3 Likes

We just need to avoid the recurrence of that disastrous period we had last season.

14 Likes

This Season

Last Season

FYI - Oil had 15 pts with lower gd.

3 Likes