Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

I expect a lot of green this season!!

9 Likes

WoW, some green for a change. Keep it up!

3 Likes

A wank, I think….

1 Like

13 Likes

GREEN is back!!

5 Likes

I miss @FowlersLeftPeg

Sad GIF by Pokémon

1 Like

Already smashing our last seasons performance, keep it up! :partying_face:

1 Like

That’s a bit misleading, we won the first two games last season too.

Not according to the comparison chart!
Put your specks on! :wink:

Your surely correct but that’s not how the comparison works. :astonished:

12 Likes

10 Likes

So fast you giving me whiplash.

Very small sample but the signs are already there that last season was an anomaly and not the title winning one before.

The pundits and media are considering us underdogs which works fine for me. What’s taken into consideration is just the last two seasons before this one. But it’s easy to forget that the 18/19 season we were as good as the 19/20 one and just missed out on the PL by two points (with a CL).

The reason it may be difficult this season than previous ones are because the likes of Chelsea and United have strengthened. Could be a season where the mini league between the top 4 could decide the title.

6 Likes

Nah; it’ll be down to luck and dodgy decisions going in your favour when you’re not playing well. See United v Wolves and City v Leicester already this season as examples.

1 Like

Last 14 league games we’ve got 36 points (W 11 D 3 L 0). The 14 league games before that we got 12 points (W 3 D 3 L 8).

3 Likes

That’s a season on a bit less than 98 points over 38 games. Completely on course with the two seasons before the last one. :+1:t2:

Imo, injuries will decide our fate. If we can steer away from them to a sustainable degree this season, we’ll be among the forerunners, with a good chance of winning the title in the end.

I think it’s the depth that will be deciding factor. There will always be some injuries. But if players like Neco, Tsimikas, Curtis, Keita, OX, Minamino, Origi chips in when needed, we would be just fine.

1 Like

Agree last season was an anomaly, partly due to the injuries but also partly due to no fans. Whether the fans are for us or against, this team needs an atmosphere to play in otherwise the intensity isn’t there.

Top 4 do look a long way ahead of the rest and those games will obviously be important but there are 16 other teams where we will be favourites playing them home and away. In 18/19 and 19/20 we were good at beating the also-rans. 96 points up for grabs there and that gets you a long way towards winning the title regardless of how well you do against City, United or Chelsea.

2 Likes