Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Remember that high defensive line shit pundits were lining up to tell you was our biggest weakness.

4 Likes

On a positive note. The Manc’s are currently the best they have been in years, bang in form and they still couldn’t beat us with our best two CM’s in defense.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it read -15? After all, we got a point?

1 Like

Yep, I can see the fuck up, it was a copy and paste job in the left hand figures, with Utd and Burnley swapping places, I haven’t adjusted the Accumulated points figures so it fucked it.

You will just have to wear it for now, will adjust on the next one ha ha

4 Likes

Update to the table, we have now passed the halfway mark and it’s grim reading as far as the title is concerned for me.

Our Points Per Game so far is 1.85, so if we continue with this patchy for we will end up on around 71 points which isn’t good enough, to win the League or even get us in top 4 this season I don’t think.

If we find some form and match our results from last season for the remaining games we will finish on 83 points. I don’t think that’s enough for the title, I still feel we need to aim for 90 to be sure, but it will be enough for top 4.

So the message has to be clear now, we have to get that mentality back for the run in that we had 2 seasons ago, again when chasing City. We have to win every game and put pressure on them hoping they slip up, 18 wins will have us finishing on 91 points.

We are at the point where we can afford no more slip ups for me, sadly I just don’t think we have the luck with injuries and the consistency to achieve this. A new CB would help, although I don’t expect an instant impact from a new player, but a fresh face always give a club a lift going into the end of the season.

9 Likes

Agreed Fowler. If we win our next three we’re 4 points behind Citeh then we just have to keep winning and hope they start dropping points. A strong finishing second place would be a good result and set us up for next season. Could try mind games on Pep by saying that they can’t not win with their huge squad and unlimited defensive spending and that it would be a huge choke if they couldn’t win with everything so in their favour. Would love to see the cokehead explode after that

4 Likes

Updated table below.

Amazing what a few wins does for the confidence, and with the transfer window looking alive for us I am hopeful a couple of new faces give us that mid season boost for the run in.

How many points do people think we will need to win this then?

I still think 90 should be the bench mark, and by that I mean if we get 90 we probably win the title.

However after reassessing the PL points history of the team finishing in 2nd place there is still a good chance we will be in the mix if we finish in the 80s, for example only 7 times since the PL started the second place achieved 85 points or more, so theoretically if we get 86 or more we are still in with a shout of winning it.

Be interesting to see what figure everyone thinks will do it, do you think City will be faultless between now and the end, I think that City game next weekend is massive, we can’t look beyond Brighton, we have to do a job on them, but at weekend it feels like the title will be on the line in that one.

7 Likes

Think City are the only team that may finish on more than 80 points so we get to 80 we will finish in top 2. Finding it hard to hold onto the belief that City will have their own sticky patch at some point. Even without a sticky patch I think they’ll still drop at least ten points though and don’t think 90 will be hit by anyone this season.

1 Like

In my head it feels like they have already had their sticky patch, I hope your right and they do drop more points.

Feels like its massive that 3 of them are against us though.

3 Likes

Feb 3: Brighton
Feb 7: Cheaty
Feb 13: Leicester
Feb 16: Leipzig
Feb 20: Bitters
Feb 28: Sheffield

Must win games coming thick & fast

fire destroy GIF

3 Likes

6 Likes

Dislike option needed now.

3 Likes

Definitely not how I envisaged this year’s Biffa.

4 Likes

Only team likely to hit a good run of form this season I think. But with Aguero’s injuries and it looks like DeBruyne is out a month or more with a hamstring I’m not at all sure they won’t drop enough points to give us a shot.

1 Like

:rofl:

Despite the subject matter, love it! Guffawed quite loudly!

Great choice for the Virg pic!

2 Likes

You have to have a laugh about it, or you would cry FFS

Imagine the fun we are going to have winning the Title with these 3 in the Biffa!!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Already looking forward to next season’s table

3 Likes

So much red…it looks like my screen is bleeding…

3 Likes

Yeah, we have literally been bleeding.