Should GermanRed be taken off match thread duties?

You were not alone.

1 Like

no, @GermanRed should be left on match duty

At least we know now who is going to start the thread :wink:

@Sweeting are you up for the job or anyone else who believes in away game football wonders?

I’ve started the thread, to put an end to all the fannying around.

5 Likes

Chelsea anyone?

Who’s not afraid to open a thread for a Monday night away game?

1 Like

Monday? What are we going to do till then?

Squabble, as usual.

Do some revision and colouring in… :0)

1 Like

Thank you so much, I forgot about this thread :blush:

I have been catching on all the dvds i bought over the years and now i am watching them 2 a day.

So far, I watched ‘Remember The Titans’. Loved the uplifting story and the soundtrack is fantastic, right up my street kind of music, even though i can’t stand American Football, the footie scenes got be shouting at the telly, rooting for the Titans to win.

Then i started ‘Carlos, the Jackal’, i can’t get into it at the moment and there are 3 parts to it, its abit tedious in parts. I might dump it and switch to ‘My Home in Umbria’ or ‘Body if Lies’

Have you seen ‘The French Connection’?

Somehow I always associate it with ‘The Day of the Jackal’.

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but I know of it, its the Gene Hackman film. It is on my ‘to watch’ list. Is it good?

A classic

1 Like

I remember the book ‘The Day of the Jackal’. My Dad had it. It was a best seller in its day. I never read the book.

There was an film with the same title with Edward Fox in it. I saw it a long time ago. It was quite good.

If you like shouting at the TV screen Maria… This is the film to watch

1 Like

@sandsoftime I watched it twice!! I loved it. I have the dvd.

I do love a good espionage and suspense thriller (i.e Bourne Trillogy) in between my rom-coms, police and medical dramas. :joy:

Not this thread too :rofl:

@cynicaloldgit show us your hammer(s thread).