Site upgrade 16/09 COMPLETE - New Features

Thats fair and fully understand (I was somewhat torn as see pros and cons) :slight_smile:

With all the feature updates, its very much learning phase. If we find any feature is detrimental we will remove them.

Its why we have left numerous skin options. Over the next few weeks, we will be keen to have a “Style”, perhaps with just different colours. But feedback from the community is key to how this place will finally look and feel.

Fig works in Germany!

1 Like

Found it under Fig for discourse. Thanks. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Uh oh. Getting ‘logged out’ again

If it’s a upgrade that takes players to sign in, can you do that more frequently @ISMF1 :grimacing:

Thiago news this morning, and we’re creaking…

Also I’m trying the new skins and the gif option has pushed the cog wheel off the screen.

While you lot have been sitting on your arse and whining @ISMF1 has been busting his doing all these. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Now go get a beer for him. :beer:.

1 Like

Gif button added. Is it safe to press?

2 Likes

I will fix that up.

Does it happen for you on all the skins ?

It would also help if I knew the phone,screen size and browser (as it’s fine on the three phones I have access to). Just so I can recreate the problem to fix

:grin:

Just been through the new skins.

Problem On away kit, minima white (this is the one I’m using by the way)

Fine on Grey/Amber, black and gold, pale gold,

It’s an iPhone, think it’s an iPhone7. Using safari.

1 Like

That’s really helpful. Especially as not happening on all skins.

I will compare the code tomorrow and try find the difference :+1:t2:

Just checking that you are in mobile mode ?

Dug out my old 2014 Iphone 5S (screen seemed so tiny). I could recreate it, but only when I was in desktop mode.

As a side I do need to optimize the logo for that size screen though. But Fig worked really well.

I am not aware of technical restrictions but is it possible within each skin or theme, to choose from a few types of fonts? I know I can choose the size, but is it technically possible to have a few options of fonts within each skin or theme? Its great looking now, just a thought.

Gifs added…

Yes it is possible, :slight_smile:.

I was looking at the code the other day to do this.

At the moment it looks like a option for mods to change fonts, but other people are actively developing it to be selectable option for users.

My coding skills are back from the 90s and not used since then :joy:. Some of things implemented here are basically me cutting and pasting bits of code from elsewhere, and experimenting with Googles inspect function to see how changing options affects colours etc. Like someone who got a C in GCSE french. I can read maybe half of it, but to say a sentence I am basically flipping backwards and forwards with a dictionary.

They have made good progress in short time, fingers crossed it might be an option in a few months time.

2 Likes

Loved how within the thread you get to know when someone’s posted for the first time, and updates during the in game about key events like goals etc :+1:t2:

I am still figuring out this site and I am missing whole threads to be completely honest because I am used to TIA and the latest posts. I have been using the unread button on here to look at new posts without completely realising that this only actually tracks threads that I have been in? I just realised that fully now when looking for the Champions League thread, was slight befuddled as to how we could possibly not have one and and was opening one when the similar thread thingy opened on the right hand side.

Anyhow, is there any way to incorporate all unread posts/threads when clicking unread instead of just tracking threads that I have been in and also having a mark all as read option? Or is this already available with me just being unable to figure it out?

1 Like

Yes, don’t go to the unread list, use the “latest” list instead.

3 Likes