Social Media discussion

Huh? I don’t think you’re making the case you think you are.
Children drinking clean water v billionaire wanking.
What’s more important?

3 Likes

Probably wrong thread but it feels like there isn’t enough cash in the world at the moment. In truth too much is held by too few and it’s basically not where it should be.

Tried signing up for Mastodon yesterday, but still waiting for the email confirmation. Has anyone else found the confirmation email slow to go through?

I’m not making a case I’m following the logical conclusion of the proposition.

I mean, it’s named after an extinct elephant-like animal. Has to be slow and cumbersome.

2 Likes

everyone should vote

“Reinstate former President Trump”

Haha, you’re in support?

noooo… but look at the poll.

I can’t because I don’t have a Twitter account. Current score? I heard 60% were supporting.

1 Like

1 Like

Best Britney Haynes GIFs | Gfycat

2 Likes

A. I’m pretty sure one can design one’s own favorite echochamber on Twitter still, no matter your politics.

B. I’m not sure there is a mass exodus of users from Twitter. I take Musk at his word. Active daily usage may well be up as people tune in to either watch or criticize what they believe will be a train wreck.

C. I’d rather have 1000 gung ho commando employees than 7000 eating the free lunch and checking their social media half the day. Musk is probably on the right track here, and it’s a playbook that has served him well elsewhere. Whether the economics of it work at a place like Twitter remains to be seen.

1 Like

Yes it’s a bit like having a run on the bank, and celebrating the number of customers coming in to make transactions.

2 Likes

Take it to it’s logical conclusion and we have a fair and efficient tax system.

Everybody pays the same? Yep, I agree there.

Mark Harmon Knight GIF by CBS

"But the former US president may not return to the platform, earlier saying: “I don’t see any reason for it”.

I bet he does.

It’ll just make his downfall all the more entertaining

1 Like

Trump probably can’t come back because he’s trying to make Truth Social payoff.

By the way, I once read that the word “honestly” is almost always followed by a lie, so what does that say about Truth Social.

2 Likes

It’s anti-social?

1 Like

Honestly I’ve never heard of this Truth Social, do you have a link that I can add to my spam?