Social Media discussion

All of them female speed skaters, no doubt.

2 Likes

Yeah, I forgot about all those Elizabeth Hurley selfies. But even then I tire before viewing 100 at a sitting.

1 Like

Don’t know. There is some talk on twitter that some of the issues are due to Twitter trying to avoid paying Google money as they use their cloud systems and the contract was up to 30 June.

I can see Zuckerberg setting up a rival and becoming the main operator in this space.

Musk paid $44 Billion for Twitter in a moment of arrogance. He tried to back track but the courts said he had to go through on it. Since then he has gutted the staff and ruined the platform. People have left in droves, and he has moved the ‘dials’ in a direction that stifles free speech.

Today Twitter is worth $10-15 Billion, at a guess. He has lost tens of billions of dollars and ruined something that was once useful for many people.

Hence I think the space is ripe for Zuckerberg to come in and dominate.

And while I’m on it, has anything happened about their fight yet? Musk shouted the odds, Zuckerberg accepted. Musk, the showman, shouted a bit more. Zuckerberg calmly said yes let’s do it. Dana White is interested. Vegas is perfect for this sort of thing.

Not a fan of Musk, at all, these days.

He will lose $44 Billion but that won’t hurt him as much as getting his ass kicked by a much smaller nerd in the ring.

1 Like

I’d have thought thr natural successor to a failing Twitter would be Bluesky?

Actually, he could have busted the deal by paying Twitter a $1B breakup fee, which even at the time seemed the wiser move. Certainly, one of the losingist deals in recent memory.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Stupid bugger then! Had a chance to take a modest loss, but his pride ensured it compounded.

Love it!

1 Like

Anyone here on Reddit! What’s your experience?

It can be helpful if you join a subreddit about something very specific e.g I am in a subreddit for a mobile game which is good for keeping up to date with updates and reading tips from other players.

The bigger and broader the subreddit is though, the worse things get. Unless you’re on the ‘unpopular opinion’ one don’t dare posting an unpopular opinion or people will come for you.

Also some of the mods can be overly heavy handed. I got threatened for a complete ban from one thing where I asked a question and somebody answered it and I didn’t reply to them within two days.

tldr: Like all social media it can be a great tool for support and discussion when done right but can equally very quickly become highly toxic

Like how they decided to just ignore facebook altogether. It’s now Instagram owner Mark Zuckerberg

1 Like

Nobody under 30 knows what facebook is

A piece on the Metaverse’s utter failure.

https://twitter.com/Benzinga/status/1677012402250866700?t=IMQhlg3wWZPYvS02k3OE6Q&s=19

We were told we were getting flying cars, but then we saw the people trying to sell them to us are fuckwits and we decided to lower our expectations of a micro blogging site that works well enough to show you the comments of the people you have chosen to follow.

My take-away: don’t believe one word of what is written on this platform.

1 Like

fixed for truths.

3 Likes

@cynicaloldgit It seems we have a young diciple showing promise in the force :rofl:

One of the biggest obstacles each new social media site has had has been the absence of such an equivalent word for “tweet”. In some cases the silliness of the proposed term is what has damaged their credibility.

Musk announced over the weekend that he’s ending the twitter branding and going with X. He’s already gone live with the change in icon

1 Like