Stefan BAJČETIĆ: 2022/23

Nice, clean performance tonight, apart from one or two almost disastrous passes. PL opposition it was, not sure if he will start in the league soon, but he’s passing some tests more and more.

1 Like

To me the only reason he doesn’t start is the cramp factor.

He also has a week off after that, seen enough from Fabinho to say he deserves a rest, a long one, if we get 60 then that’s what we go with.

I don’t want to see that middle three again especially not so soon.

1 Like
6 Likes

I him as man of the match ahead of Elliott. Part of the reason being that I can’t remember the last game that we actually controlled the midfield. Hope he starts again against Chelsea.

Jürgen though may look at it that we have too quick a turnaround with Saturday lunchtime game and Henderson and Fabinho fresher.

My MotM tonight. Just looked so accomplished. He made one bad pass but apart from that almost faultless. I do fear that he may get caught out once or twice with his confidence in turning away from pressure but I encourage this style.

1 Like

Is this where we say we dont need to spend in Jan because this lad will be like a new singing?

1 Like

No, we need to start Bajcetic, Keita, sign one or two midfielders and recall Morton as well.

:joy:

1 Like

That’s when Melo returns.

3 Likes

Thats title winning talk. Im all in :joy:

Not convinced about Morton if you’re being serious

1 Like

From what I’ve seen at Blackburn he is far better than I remember him. I do think this lad is better but at this age it’s really hard to judge.

Has to be carefully managed, it’s not just too long that Curtis Jones, Elliot and even Carvalho were lauded then hung out to dry because of a rough patch. H
This guy looks confident and like the other 3 mentioned, this aspect is very important because as a youth, you lack experience but as long you have the confidence to make yourself relevant in matches, you will continue to get chances

1 Like

First of all, I want him to stay healthy and fit. :pray: :palms_up_together:

I would like to see him getting 15-30 mins in every game for the reminder of the season (30 games). That will do a world of good for his development and confidence while not putting undue pressure on him.

I’m not. :slight_smile:

The idea is to give youngsters match time when the game is already won. The way our “first team” are playing at the moment, that isn’t going to be possible.

2 Likes

I don’t mind him starting and playing 45-60 mins occasionally.

I think it will say a lot if Bajcetic starts v’s Chelsea… He should, he’s been our 2nd best midfielder since Jan, he’s doing everything we’ve been lacking; intelligence pressing, ball retention and release under pressure, tracking runners, actually tackling… etc.

I’d be hugely disappointed if Klopp went back to Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago, it sends a very poor message that form and performance means fuck all. Only Thiago on current form should be in our starting 11.

He should be fine for 60 minutes, then bring on Fabinho to see out the game.

What a talent.

2 Likes

I actually would think playing him in the Chelsea match would be good despite what I said about managing him. The only traditional big side thats probably in a bigger mess is Chelsea and being more brave and adventurous to play Bacjetic would free them to be aggressive and play the game of their lives.

Yep if you do the business you keep the shirt, if you want the shirt you have to fight for it

1 Like

I’m afraid he will do and our midfield will be overrun, again …

1 Like