Stefan BAJČETIĆ: 2022/23

Bajcetic just back after injury so it is up to the fitness coach to advise Klopp if its right for him to play again so soon.

Agree with @gasband Needs to be managed properly.

Minutes here and there. A start now and again. Off the bench in some games. Taken out of the squad for a few games to work on things in Kirkby. Much like when TAA was introduced to the team.

Seen so many times people clamouring for ayoungster to p;ay, and after the intial few games wears off, people jumping on him. See Curtis, Harvey, etc.

Hyperbole needs to be toned down. Damien Plessis looked a world beater on his debut away at Arsenal. Natural progression is whats needed.

Yeah, we need to remember how some cases went.

We have players who made debuts/played some games for us and the opinion was really positive about them (like with most young players at this level), only to see them massively dropping, ending/changing careers somewhere post-25 or playing at almost amateur levels of football.

The only thing that matters is how they play for us while they are here of course.

1 Like

To be fair Plessis was given the role to screen the back 4 when we played much much deeper…

Bajcetic went up against Neves, Moutinho and Nunes (who we are linked with), all very good players and excelled in all areas.

It’s not hyperbole to get excited about an 18 year old kid who looked so dam comfortable in senior football, and if anything playing it a bit safe. We don’t have much to get shout about this season but a shitty season which gives Bjacetic and Doak the minutes to become part of the 1st team squad isn’t all wasted…

1 Like

It’s also not Bajcetic’s first appearance. He has looked confident, assured and highly capable all season.

3 Likes

I like the kid, there’s no doubt about that.

But from liking it to properly making it at Liverpool is a long way.

Doesn’t even have to do exactly that to be a success, both for himself and for us.

It’s a nice story so far, a CB who had a serious injury, now making the transition into midfied. Not something you see often. Although that doesn’t mean he’ll remain in midfield for the rest of his career, nor at this level of club.

As we try and sort out the #8 positions with two new signings, he could be here next season between the 2nd or 3rd option at DM. If not, then maybe he goes out on loan like Morton.

His ability to pass round the corner to beat the press… Ooo lovely stuff! Takes fucking balls to do that at 18.

1 Like

Bajcetic is quality and much better than Plessis.

18 though, he shouldn’t be starting every week. He got cramp after 65 minutes against a pretty mediocre side so he still has a way to go before he can play regularly.

Wouldn’t expect to see him in the 11 against Chelsea. Maybe he has 60 minutes in him.

1 Like

Problem is we go back to the three last Sunday and it achieves nothing.

Very least Keita needs to play.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is that one who almost certainly starts if Bajcetic doesn’t is the one who really needs to not start.

1 Like

I agree with your points. However, from what I’ve seen from him, he looks vastly better than the youngsters who didn’t make it here in the end. He looks more like a Trent at the same age than a, say, Robinson, Flanagan, Smith, Randall etc. He has a touch of genuine class about him.

I only hope that he’ll stay fit at this crucial stage of development for him. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Yeah, but there’s again a lot of shades between a Trent and a Randall, par example.

I’m not sure where I’d class him yet, only time will tell how well he does here obviously (along with a few other/new young players we have). And sometimes, you’re dependant on a more general situation at the club. Position(s), other players, manager, coaching staff, etc. Circumstances. Liverpool in last years have become really successful, so that’s always the priority, how do we remain there or return there.

That’s why I say, Trent doesn’t need to have a career like Stevie, Bajcetic doesn’t need to have a career like, I don’t know, Carra. Jones doesn’t need to have a career like Macca. Elliott doesn’t need to have a career like Murphy. Liverpool careers I mean. I’m just throwing names.

It could be amazing (and surprise a lot of people), it could quickly turn out to be bad (and again, surprise a lot of people). A lot of time it could be somewhere in the middle, good for a while, nothing special happens, we move onto something else.

As long as we keep producing players who can merit being here for a few years at least and then either making it here like proper, if not, then having a profit from them (and for themselves elsewhere), that’s the main thing for me.

1 Like

For me, the key issue is fitness. If he’s the kind of player who stays fit at all times, then there is no reason why he couldn’t build on this encouraging season and become a valuable player for us. The Messis, Ronaldos, Manés, bar their immense talent, are what they are because they get almost never injured.

If he gets repeatedly bad injuries, then we’ll quickly forget him. Many youngsters who looked utterly promising fell down in the trap of oblivion after getting bad injuries.

Jones looks unfortunately to be on that way. He’s currently losing so many opportunities to play and develop himself… I don’t think he’ll come back from that as a top player. Hopefully I’m wrong!

1 Like

Think it takes more than almost never being injured. There are simply different levels of talent and then of quality once players are more or less “made”.

It’s nothing against those players or people making decisions/evaluations around them, sometimes there is not one guilty party. It’s just life, we are no robots.

But of course, you could have future top players for us coming from different scenarios, many ways are possible.

That age can be sensitive because sometimes you’ll get players who’s physical qualities get them to a certain stage, then there’s a lack of further footballing development, or there was a lack before (when it was time).

Your body also changes (not to mention mentally, if someone changes after a while of earning serious money). I think that’s not mentioned enough, maybe some players who are expected to kick on after the age of say, 22. Can their football “carry” their new body?

Back to topic, I can say that for me, Bajcetic looks pretty good. He must be if he’s an 18-year old foreign kid who went from CB to a senior midfielder on the back of coming back from a serious injury. Doesn’t have to be a Trent nor a Randall. If he’s something in the middle, I’m happy already. If he’s more, that’s just a bonus.

2 Likes
1 Like

Just use ‘for’ instead of ‘par’ it’s normal in English except when talking about golf.

Made up for the lad, back to back consistent top performances.

Plays with a very mature head for how young he is…doesn’t give away sloppy fouls, quick to close down spaces and so far very calm in possession.

Deserves now to keep his place in the side, keep it up. :muscle:

4 Likes

He’s probably not the most agile of players (but very few youngsters are) and he’s still not ready to play full ninety minutes but the games he played this season were pretty promising. Don’t want to burden him with great expectations, I hope his emergence turns out to be a huge positive in what is otherwise a dismal season.

2 Likes

Get him some longer studs and we have a top talent

Stefan Bajcetic’s game by numbers vs. Chelsea:

39 touches
7/8 final third passes completed
6 ball recoveries
3/4 long balls completed
2 aerial duels won
2 interceptions
2 key passes
1 big chance created …

6 Likes