Summer 2024 Transfer Window

40 appearances are 40 appearances.

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t referring to that, but just that I don’t think Villa needed to keep Zaniolo.

Another good sogning for Southampton, Nathan Wood for £3m from Swansea. Probably will be someone for the squad but having Edwards, who is used to a three and now with Wood, Harwood-Bellis and Bella-Kotchap, Bednarek and Stephens in the squad they may be looking to go to three at the back.

1 Like

Yunis Abdelhamid from Reims to St. Etienne on a free.
Abel Bretones from Real Oviedo to Osasuna for €2.8m.
Michele Di Gregorio from Monza to Juventus on loan, €4.5m fee, obligation to buy next summer for €13.5m and €2m add ons.
Miguel Rodriguez from Celta to Utrecht on loan.
Mats Wieffer from Feyenoord to Brighton for €30m.
Diego Demme from Napoli to Hertha on a free.
Max Kilman from Wolves to West Ham for €47.5m.

1 Like

Immediately checks to see if Wolves and West Ham have PSR concerns…

2 Likes

Do they?

I don’t think West Ham should. 3 consecutive seasons in Europe (including winning the Eufa Conference) whilst not having too much player turnover should keep them away from PSR at least for the moment

1 Like

They don’t, its just the cost of a good defender and club captain.

West Ham must be paying him a fortune. I don’t really see much point in leaving Wolves to join West Ham, especially when he was captain at Wolves.

2 Likes

Apparently, it’s Lopetegui who pushed for Kilman’s signature. I guess that’s the going rate for decent defenders these days.

By the way, how good is Wieffer? Brighton made two big money moves pretty early, likely to strengthen their first eleven.

1 Like

Semi professional Maidenhead United will be getting at least a £4m windfall from that transfer, fair play to them.

6 Likes

I forgot that connection and so if he really likes a player he worked with before it’d make more sense.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t really rate him, and especially not at that price. Not sure how he will do dealing with the pace and physicality of the PL. Would just add to the logjam that is our midfield right now, IMO. Think Gravenberch has a much higher ceiling.

Says something that he didn’t get called into the Dutch squad, who are missing two of their top midfielders.

1 Like

While I don’t (or actually can’t) disagree with you having never watched him, he was actually called up or was about to be called up for Euros but he got injured. I always pay attention to Brighton’s transfers and it seems that their financial prudence has enabled them to shop in a higher price bracket.

2 Likes

I’m sure I could be wrong, but was my understanding that he had a knock, but should be fit by the time matches began, but Koeman did not include him in the provisional first 30. Did the same with Zirkzee though, and then called Zirkzee up late, so who knows. Koeman did include DeJong in the first 30 though.

That 7-year contract is a bit weird though, he’ll be 34 by the time it finishes!

3 Likes

I have no further questions about why he joined West Ham.

6 Likes

Takuma Asano from Bochum to Mallorca on a free.
Fisayo Dele-Bashiru from Hatayspor to Lazio on loan.
Sebastian Coates from Sporting Lisbon to Nacional on a free.
Bobby De Cordova-Reid from Fulham to Leicester on a free.
Conan Ledesma from Cadiz to River Plate for €2.6m.

1 Like

https://x.com/CPFC/status/1810011033828028774?t=htgJZfgcK5jvYs5FJTLyfA&s=19

6 Likes

Couhaib Driouech from Excelsior to PSV for €3.5m.
Ernest Nuamah from Molenbeek to Lyon for €28.5m.