Summer Transfer Window 2020

Reggie Cannon from Dallas to Boavista for £2.2m.
Jhonder Cadiz from Benfica to Nashville on loan.
Evanilson from Tobense to Porto for £6.7m.

1 Like

It will definitely be Premier League record transfer. Everyone knows they have the money to spend, though they are facing the same issues as other members of PL top eight - the inability to offload some of their unwanted players (unless I’m forgetting something). I think that the last two weeks of transfer window will be the craziest we’ve seen so far, not in terms of money spent but in terms of chaos that will ensue when clubs try to pull off certain deals that they’ve been postponing for the very end of the window in attempt to negotiate better fees.

2 Likes

Oghenekaro Etebo from Stoke to Galatasaray on loan, £600k fee.
Lennat Czyborra from Atalanta to Genoa on loan.
Alphonse Areola from PSG to Fulham on loan, option to buy.

1 Like

Sandro Tonali from Brescia to Milan confirmed, £9m fee. Option to buy for another £9m + £13.6m in add ons.

1 Like

[quote=“Zoran, post:39, topic:118”]

Ollie Watkins from Brentford to Villa confirmed, £27.7m, potentially raising to £33m.

Steve Mounie from Huddersfield to Brest for £4.5m.[/quote]

The Ollie Watkins deal is madness IMO. Congrats to Brentford for striking while the iron was hot.

And look at poor Steve Mounie leaving Huddersfield with barely a sigh for £4.5 when Huddersfield signed him for a club record £11.5 just 3 years ago.

1 Like

A free Transfer? Didnt they announce they paid a fee for him?

1 Like

It’s amazing how far Guendozi’s stock has fallen over the past season.

2 Likes

He’s been exposed as being of limited ability on the pitch and a liability off it.

2 Likes

Now here’s a bit of a random one.

1 Like

I think it makes sense that they were looking. The loss of Munier left them really short after Covid. Keher was the default replacement despite playing the role like he is a CB filling in at FB. At this stage Florenzi isnt a show stopper, but he’s likely a decent stepping stone for them to get them through to next summer when it will presumably be easier to make meaningful moves. This summer it is not just the financial aspect, but the really short turn around time from the end of last season.

Fernando Forestieri from Sheffield Wednesday to Udinese on a free.
Vitinha from Porto to Wolves on loan.
Lois Diony from St. Etienne to Angers on a free.
Marcus Bettinelli from Fulham to Middlesbrough on loan.
Giacomo Bonaventura from Milan to Fiorentina on a free.

1 Like

Kenny Tete from Lyon to Fulham for £2.8m.
Michy Batshuayi from Chelsea back to Palace on loan.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/y8UFV-Jlbsk

Apparently Ryan Fraser sat out Bournemouth games to not risk injury for his free agency and now his move to Newcastle, and Simon Jordan of all people has a problem with it, its quite funny actually.

1 Like

Jan Paul van Hecke from NAC Breda to Brighton for £1.8m.

1 Like

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this, but as it is a potetial Summer Transfer, this is as good as any. It’s a fascinating read for multiple reasons. Wesley Fofana is a young talent in France, (has both Ivorian and French citizenship) and while not many people likely know of him, they will soon. Leicester has made a £28M offer to St Etienne for the CB and the player wants to join the Foxes. But what I find fascinating about the interview is the look into everything that goes into a transfer of this magnitude for a young player. It’s not often they speak with such transparency. How rumors affect them, their families, how contracts change their lives, etc.

5 Likes

Bersant Celina from Swansea to Dijon for £2.7m.
Oliver Batista Meier from Bayern to Heerenveen on loan.
Riccardo Sottil from Fiorentina to Cagliari on loan.
Eintracht have signed loanee Andre Silva from Milan for £8.1m.

1 Like

Really enjoyed reading that but particularly this bit

Who can guarantee that I will be worth €40m or €50m? Who has been sold at such a price (in this market) when they haven’t played the Champions’ League or aren’t an international? Nobody. All the clubs are affected by the health crisis. On top of that, in one year, it will be almost impossible for me to go to England because of Brexit. Saliba is an example for me. William did very well to sign directly with Arsenal, last summer. When you consider the poor season that came after that move, he would not be worth the same amount today.

:joy:

3 Likes

A good friend of mine is an estate agent who has become the de facto agent for all the NBA players in town. He’s spent 2 years working with one player to find the perfect house and this week was in the process of closing on the one they finally found, a deal that would have pocketed him $250k. The deal fell through yesterday. The player was in active contract negotiations with the Magic and news that he bought the house somehow started spreading through the club, something he felt showed his hand about his desire to stay and so reduced his bargaining power. He has cancelled the deal and walked away from the house and is now claiming to the club that the rumor is false and he is willing to move if he doesnt get his deal.

4 Likes