Summer Transfer Window 2020

This would be a great signing for Villa if they can pull it off

Maybe a player we should ‘swoop’ for? Once we’ve sold a few that is.

Florian Lejeune from Newcastle to Alaves on loan.

United give up on Sancho and go for Grealish,Villa sign Rashica as his replacement?

4 Likes

Eduardo Henrique from Sporting Lisbon to Crotone on loan.
Vito Mannone from Reading to Monaco on a free.
Ola Aina from Torino to Fulham on loan.
Alessandro Florenzi from Roma to PSG on loan, £900k fee, option to buy for £8.3m.
Ciprian Tatarusanu from Lyon to Milan for £450k.
Loic Mbe Soh from PSG to Forest for £4.5m.

3 Likes

Surprised Mbe Soh went to Nottingham Forest. I thought he was someone Chelsea or Arsenal would try and pick up. Not sure Forest is the best Championship side to go to, I would have preferred Brentford in his shoes they’ve done a good job of signing young french players.

1 Like

From the PL homepage:
The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.
————————————————————
What does the second part mean? We can buy and sell and buy from other English teams until 16 October?

Its usual for the EFL clubs to trade with those in Premier league after the main transfer window has closed. I think its only in one direction though (to EFL) and may only be loans ( i cant remember if it includes sales).

2 Likes

Sky are reporting that Arsenal have accepted a £16m offer from Villa for Emiliano Martinez.

Milan have signed loanee Ante Rebic from Eintracht on a permanent, 5-year deal.
Marco Benassi from Fiorentina to Hellas Verona on loan.

It means that from 5 October to 16 October, Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL.

Kevin Rodrigues from Sociedad to Eibar on loan.
Boli Bolingoli from Celtic to Istanbul BB on loan.
Vedad Muriqi from Fenerbahce to Lazio for £16.2m.

1 Like

The Athletic:

Aston Villa have agreed a £19million deal to bring Bertrand Traore back to the Premier League from Lyon, reports Gregg Evans and Adam Leventhal.

Villa also remain in talks with Milot Rashica, the Werder Bremen attacker, and hope to add him to the ranks, too.

Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez passed a medical at Villa on Sunday and is expected to be confirmed a Villa player soon.

I suspect this means they will be losing Grealish.

1 Like

If true im happy for the kid. He really came through when Arsenal needed him most and he definitely looks like a capable keeper in the league based on the games towards the end of the season.

1 Like

Miha Zajc from Fenerbahce to Genoa on loan.
Marcos Acuna from Sporting Lisbon to Sevilla for £9m.
Ardian Ismajli from Hajduk Split to Spezia for £2.2m.

1 Like

Sancho’s on-off move to United appears to be off again, with the club now looking into loaning Gareth Bale:

2 Likes

I mean…what could go wrong?

3 Likes

Jack Grealish has signed a new 5 year contract with villa so Bale may be their only option unless Jack’s contract was to protect his value :wink:

2 Likes

Lucas Biglia from Milan to Karagumruk on a free.
Yann M’Vila from St. Etienne to Olympiacos on a free.
Moussa Sylla from Monaco to Utrecht on a free.
Federico Mattiello from Atalanta to Spezia on loan.

1 Like