Summer Transfer Window 2021

Kettering have signed Rhys Davies from Belper Town

Falkirk have signed Steven Hetherington from Alloa.

11 Likes

Mad Max Reaction GIF

14 Likes

Ola John from Waalwijk to Al-Hazm on a free, another ex-slightly hiped up Dutch winger!
Ivan Marcone from Boca to Elche for £3.4m.

6 Likes

Jay Gorter from Go Ahead Eagles to Ajax for £900k.

4 Likes

Brighton agree record £25m deal to sign Stuttgart forward Nicolás González | Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian

4 Likes
3 Likes

That’s a really nice profit in just a few seasons. Great for Stuttgart. Bold move for Brighton.

Despite Levy’s comments this week I don’t know that I’m seeing a depressed market this summer.

3 Likes

Show-off. Could have gotten Origi for half that amount. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I think you’ll see high demand players going for relatively normal market prices. It’s those players that clubs want to shift where I think you’ll see it depressed. The selling clubs are going to be keen to get any bloat off the books and the clubs likely willing to take a punt on them are likely going to be those without huge amounts of cash to spend.

In Brighton’s case, I imagine they’re already spending some of the money they’ll get for selling either White or Bissouma.

4 Likes

Agreed on that point.

Gonzalez has shown his ability to put the ball in the net but for me it also seems a risky/bold gamble @ £25M for a club like Brighton.

2 Likes

Dominik Kotarski from Ajax to Gorica on loan.
Maximilian Philipp from Dynamo Moscow to Wolfsburg for £6.3m.

With the clubs he was linked to, sounds like quite a coup from Brighton. He was linked with some clubs quite higher up the table in other leagues. They need to improve in both boxes, but especially at the offensive end. Not scoring nowhere near enough considering how much they’re creating. This should be a signing that helps them in that department, although from what I see, he’s not a pure striker but more of a wide forward/second striker.

4 Likes

Brighton have to risk spending big on a striker this summer or they’ll end up in another relegation battle. Think they had the 4th best xG last season but were absolutely dreadful in front of goal. They would comfortably survive under Potter every year if they had a competent finisher. Not sure they are going after the right option though considering Gonzalez significantly underperformed his own xG last season.

5 Likes

Don’t they have to spend on White and Bissouma replacements too? :thinking:

1 Like

Saul’s situation at Atletico is so odd. I didnt watch them that much last season but know he found himself out of favour, but a player so good for several years surely cannot just be considered chopped liver there now.

1 Like

He also started 75% of their matches this season so it’s not like he’s a peripheral figure.

Maybe it’s just Atletico seeing now as a good time to cash in - he’s 26 and would probably require a substantial payrise on a new contract given he hasn’t signed one since 2017.

2 Likes

Sure, but if they’re going to get £40m plus for one of them, they’ve bought a much needed striker and then will still have money to buy in a replacement. Basically the model of all clubs not at the very top, sell someone for mega bucks, reinvest that in 2-3 players. Rinse and repeat.

Isn’t he on a 9-year contract?

Villa looking to spend big on attacking midfielders this summer. Wonder if that means that their star man has a summer transfer arranged already.

I’m not disputing his playing qualities but this is a strange one. They’ve invested oh, so heavily in Wan-Bissaka, made him their first choice right back and now they are in for an expensive, 30 year-old right back who’s one of the first names on England’s team sheet and won’t come to play second fiddle to anyone. Not to mention that Vršaljko had big injury issues, meaning Atletico will likely have to buy another right back.

@Limiescouse, maybe Atletico Madrid indeed have some big transfer plans for this summer (Simeone selling an all-action midfielder to buy one who is more of a no. 10 will be interesting). They got 10 million euros from Juventus extending Morata’s loan for one more year, they’ll make plenty of money from selling Saul and Trippier. That said, I can’t really recall them being linked with a big-money transfer other than De Paul’s, we’ll see.

3 Likes