Summer Transfer Window 2021

I think United & Dortmund or Sancho & Dortmund have some kind of deal in place. I don’t see why else Dortmund is lowering the price by 33%, specially, given that they have ensured CL and its assorted booty.

That’s why.

I think the longer this drags on the more chance we have of signing him, the more fringe players that go quickly etc.

I think he is our no.1 target and why we won’t sign a midfielder (for now), a shift to 4231 is on the cards.

If the fee is £80mil as rumoured, we have a £50mil budget… A Grujic and a Wilson and we are close etc. Wages probably a sticking point as he would need to accept a lower basic here (by quite some).

Every club have suffered such losses.

I don’t see it. Not that I think it’s impossible for him to sign for someone else other than United or in a different window, but I think United will get it over the line this summer. Not the first time a deal drags on but still happens, if most parties want it.

5 Likes

I think this is a huge stretch There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Sancho is a target for us, never mind our no. 1 target. (which was Konate who we already landed).

1 Like

I really don’t think they will sell Haaland. Their price is simply too astronomical, which is a sign they won’t sell. Of course, if someone can afford 180 million euros, then sure, but who can ?

I’m not sure why it’s a stretch, we have had a long standing interest in Sancho (we tried to sign him when he was leaving City), he has talked in very glowing terms about LFC, Klopp and several of our players.

He is is just below Mbappe, Haaland etc. Yet is available for a pretty decent fee which wouldn’t be unachiveable if we sell the fringe we want to.

It’s a low possibility of him coming here, but certainly not a huge stretch and it’s 100% true we hold a long standing interest in him (as I’m sure most teams do).

We may be interested in Sancho, I don’t know who of the top clubs wouldn’t be, but it was said that deals like that were not going to happen this summer. Plus, he’s probably already sold on the idea of joining United.

1 Like

Huge difference is saying the club have had an interesr in the player and saying he’s our number 1 target and we’re going to change the formation and not buy a midfielder.

That could happen, but I just have seen nothing whatsoever that there’s anything to make anyone think that’s a possibilty this summer.

Juan Foyth from Tottenham to Villarreal for £13.5m.
Rui Silva from Granada to Betis on a free.
Sandro has signed for Belenenses on a 2-year deal.
Suat Serdar from Schalke to Hertha for £7.2m.
Dimitrije Kamenovic from Cukaricki to Lazio for £2.2m.
Philip Heise from Norwich to Karlsruher on a free.

3 Likes

Which was my point… So maybe lets just leave it there.

If that is our budget we’ve already spent £34m of it on Konate so you’d need a bit more than selling Grujic and Wilson to get close to the £80m+ it looks like it’s going to take.

Then there’s the small matter of the £250k-£300k a week in wages he’s apparently already agreed with United.

Would love him here but I think United learn their lesson and get it done. Not that I think he’s actually even the player they need.

2 Likes

And my point was that it’s a bit of a stretch from ‘it could happen’ to ‘he’s our no.1 target and we’re changing our system to fit him in’

Yes, this is the riveting, edge of your seat, nail biting transfer news I live for.

Who said I was blinkered? Hahahaha yes, that’s me being narrow minded. Pfft.

Anyways, lots of could, maybe, might be, posibly’s about this Sancho to Manure transfer.

Really?? it was me who called you blinkered not Zoran,the guys doing a great job giving us world wide transfer info that most of us in here like to see and you’re having a pop at him with sarcastic BS posts that make you look like a WUM and a :bellhop_bell: :end: if you have nothing positive to say or any real info to add to this thread,then just don’t say anything at all.

9 Likes

I know it wasn’t Zoran. Never said it was. I just couldn’t be bothered trawling up the page to see who it was. Which is why I asked.

Then I was Just using that bit of hot transfer gossip to make my point which was what’s the point of this thread.

And you’re getting a bit carried away bashing out this lambasting on your keyboard. Anyways, as you say I ventured into this thread but I won’t be bothering again.

And you won’t be missed

6 Likes

:astonished:

Charming.

Can someone just ban this dickhead already, please?

I’ll donate to the charity of the mod’s choice who does it.

5 Likes