Summer Transfer Window 2021

What’s the point of this thread?
Who cares if Kettering Town sign some player from Falkirk.

Obviously not everyone is as blinkered as you mate and have a much wider interest in where players are moving to and what fee’s are being payed,it kinda gives you an insight into how the transfer market is moving but judging by your tone it’s a thread you’re not interested in,yet you want to post a negative post in it,the real question is,what is the point of your post?

17 Likes

I don’t think Kettering Town have ever signed someone directly from Falkirk.

Jason Lee is the only I can find who played for both.

So it would be at least somewhat interesting if a transfer did happen between them.

13 Likes

Milinkovic-Savic and Loftus-Cheek in the same team? Oh dear. :joy:

Chelsea really can squeeze every penny out of a deal.

It goes a bit under the radar how good they are at selling players. Was infuriating seeing the fees they got for Ramires and Oscar when the Chinese market was booming. Then they fleeced Real Madrid for a clearly declining Hazard.

I don’t really like their policy of stacking the squad with young players and then sending them all out on loan endlessly in the hope that one or two make enough impact to sell on. But they do seem to be able to squeeze some good money out of clubs for players they’ve developed but, rightly or wrongly, don’t think will make the grade for them.

That’s a great fee for Tomori. If Abraham goes that’ll be in the £40m ballpark you’d think. Hudson-Odoi was being chased by Bayern for some ridiculous figure before his injury and he’d still probably fetch a good sum despite only being a squad player for them. Could be £100m plus right there all for what I think are academy products.

Add in Mount, Christensen, James, Ampadu, Gilmour, Loftus-Cheek and Gallagher and they’ve got a really strong line of academy players. Those that make it will undoubtedly be excellent players and those that don’t will fetch excellent fees.

7 Likes

Yet more evidence that reports of a depressed market are overstated.

3 Likes

A lot depends on the terms of the payments. Jota was a £40m player after all, but we only paid a couple of mill up front.

My guess is a lot of selling clubs will be trying to get close to the previous market rate for players rather than miss out on a big chunk of money once things normalise again, but buying clubs are going to try to minimise the amount they’re shelling out initially as they’re cash-strapped from Covid.

Except for City. Cunts.

5 Likes

That is true, the fees are as crazy as ever. I’m a bit surprised about that, with all the reports about clubs being near to bankrupcy because of the pandemics.

1 Like

Completely farcical. What could Klopp have done with that much free talent that is being allowed to walk out the door to chase whatever the flavor of the week is?

2 Likes

Different club with a completely different operating model. We think long term and Klopp wants to develop players. Chelsea jumps from manager to manager and are happy/able to spend spend spend. The fact that it is free ralent is probably to be admired. Clearly their academy is doing something right. Next season they’ll still have James and Mount as regular first team and international players with Hudson Odoi, Gilmour and Christensen in the first team squad.

The rest of them you probably wouldn’t say are the level to make it here or at a top-six club (although I think Abraham is better than some others do). But what they are is perhaps more developed or better thought of than most of the youngsters that come through at top six clubs but are moved on in their early twenties. Maximising the value of those that aren’t going to make it so when they are sold they get top fees for them is very astute. We’ve done the same with Solanke, Ibe and Brewster but have struggled to do that with Wilson, Grujic and others.

4 Likes

Henrique from Vasco to Lyon on a free.

2 Likes
1 Like

Andreas Volgsammer from Arminia to Union Berlin on a free.
Emiliano Buendia from Norwich to Villa confirmed, £34.5m. Villa’s new transfer record and Norwich’s highest ever sale.

2 Likes
3 Likes

oh lord, are they doing this again ? Seriously, have the man in suit in Manchester United learned nothing from last summer, lol. Dortmund won’t accept that much below 80 mil, no way. 75 mil, maybe. It is ridiculous actually, last window they bargained for the entire window over Sancho and ended up with “nothing”.

1 Like

Eithier Dortmund will tell them to pay the price and they do on the day of the deadline or they miss out again.

As you said every season it’s the same, list a load of signings, low ball them all summer and then get some in the final week or get them the next window or two.

Pretty much everything Moyes had listed came in under Van Gaal a year later and it’s been going on since.

Best is when a club usurps them completely and they miss out.

As for Chelsea developing young talent, what is meant is they buy them in send them out on loan and sell them for a profit 2-3 years down the line, sadly I think they do very little developing.

4 Likes

Can’t see Bellingham leave Dortmund until 2023. Expecting them to extend his contract this year.

Unfortunately they are very good at selling.

Sancho would have left for £120m last summer if it wasn’t for the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see if they can do something about Haaland leaving on the ‘cheap’ with his release clause next summer.

And the year after i am sure they will sell Jude for more than what they received for Dembele - so another +£100m transfer.

Meanwhile they are also looking to sell Julian Brandt, Nico Schulz, Marius Wolf and Roman Bürki this summer.

1 Like

I see Sancho leaving this summer for United and Haaland more probably next summer (although still a possibility this summer). It’s only June, United have already completed a lot of the ground work, they’re coming back in for him after a better season than last time, they have a starting spot waiting for Sancho, Dortmund have lowered their asking price… think it’s only a matter of time now.

3 Likes