Summer Transfer Window 2021

Grealish is an excellent player. If money was available and I had to choose Sancho or Grealish, I’d pick Grealish. He’s what people want Ox to be. Can play in front 3, can play #8. Can run with the ball, and wins a ton of free kicks. He’ll do well for city.

3 Likes

Not if he would play for Liverpool.

7 Likes

Questionable for me if he can play #8 at the top level. His recent best stuff from Villa came very much from the “Coutinho role” inside left of the attack.

2 Likes

Henrik Dalsgaard from Brentford to Midtjylland on a free.
Jani Serra from Holstein Kiel to Arminia on a free.
Rominigue Kouame from Lille to Troyes for £2.2m.
Lasse Schone from Heerenveen to NEC on a free.
Youssouf Sabaly from Bordeaux to Betis on a free.

1 Like

Grealish much bigger though, think that will help him transition to 8 more and let him be more effective than coutinho was in that spot if he needed to.

Agree that currently he plays more of the wide left attacker, but don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’d be effective in #8 if coached up by Klopp playing with Fabinho, Henderson, or Thiago.

Edit: his strongest position is and will be wide in front three! I can just also see him do job in 8 role, kind of like when we play shaqiri there, only much much more effective.

I was certain he’d end up at Juventus (alongside Pogba), I’m very surprised that they didn’t snap him up. Credit to PSG, for all of their money reserves and huge wages they give, they have already made two extremely good free transfers.

2 Likes

Yeah, nice to see Juventus missing out on doing a Bayern. :heart_eyes:

This also highlights the dire financial crisis they are in. No way they would have let a world class GK in his prime go if they could afford him.

Ante Budimir from Mallorca to Osasuna for £7.2m, new club record.

Barca linked with Laporte, Fabian Ruiz and Jose Gaya the last couple of days. Ruiz seems to be a no-go, as Napoli are said to want €50m or so. Too much for Barca in their current financial state. Gaya could happen with Carles Alena as makeweight. Nothing concrete on Laporte, apart from City being willing to let him go.

Also, apparently they want to send Coutinho on loan again, preferably to the PL.

Who would be better? Yves Bissouma for around €40m or Fabian Ruiz for around €50m?

1 Like

Houssem Aouar for around €30m.

4 Likes

Boubakary Soumaré would cost even less. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Marek Hamsik from Goteborg to Trabzonspor on a free.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

:joy:

What a circus. James will in the end be a long term replacement for Azpi at RCB in a back 3.

2 Likes

So much for the ‘new’ chelsea that was going to bring through youngsters in to the team…and so much for those claiming laughably that James was better than Trent!

1 Like

Gerson from Flamengo to Marseille for £18m.

That’s a substantial amount. I have noticed that already some midlevel clubs are spending pretty decent amount. I don’t know if OM has sold someone and recycling that money, but there’s little evidence that the market is depressed.

Pedrinho from Benfica to Shakhtar for £16.2m.

1 Like