Summer Transfer Window 2021

Sam Lee had a piece mentioning a lot of players who could leave or are said to be a bit restless/unhappy with game time, maybe that’s where you saw it. Cancelo, Jesus, Laporte, Bernardo, plus the two you mention. Maybe I missed one or two as well, at lot names were mentioned.

And I believe the centre forward will be Kane, at least that’s who they seem to want.

3 Likes

Mathew Leckie from Hertha to Melbourne City on a free.

Dortmund will not sell Haaland and have decided to keep him . Or that is the implication of their valuation of Haaland, which they have now officially set at 200 million euroes. No one can afford that I think.

Actually, they did the opposite last summer and tried to put in smaller bids than what Dortmund wanted and failed to buy him in the end. This year Sancho is significantly cheaper though (maybe, maybe not) ,so I assume they will buy him now unless someone outbids them. But they kind of need to buy him now, particularly after the super league travesty.

Now this is a pretty unreliable link, but I’ve followed this account for a few years now and they are pretty decent hit rate wise…

Basically says we want Sancho but he needs to be patiance (I’m assuming its because we need to clear the deadwood first).

1 Like

I don’t think that Man City will be actively looking to sell quite a few of the players but surely they have to balance their books at some point?

In particular, I think Laporte had been outstanding until Dias arrived, Cancelo has massively improved as well. Sterling might never be a consistently lethal goalscorer that we thought he’d be but his numbers since joining Man City are still fantastic.

Good luck to them if they try to force the moves, though. Maybe Sterling would have some luck, he has two years left on his contract if I’m not mistaken, but who will pay that sort of money…

1 Like

Maybe not actively, but I guess when you have a squad with a lot of quality players and some of those don’t get the game time they think they should have, these things sort of take care of themselves - unless you come across someone who’s just happy to see out their contract and get their money.

The same article also said Guardiola is in favour of shaking things up a little bit, so it seems like we could see a few of those players go to make room for Grealish and Kane.

2 Likes

PSG are now ready to hijack Barcelona’s deal for Gini Wijnaldum - with Barcelona already planning for medicals. Wijnaldum is open to accepting PSG’s proposal - his salary would be doubled and Mauricio Pochettino has personally called him too. If Barcelona don’t raise their bid, Wijnaldum will join PSG. An official decision will be taken in the next few hours. [fabrizio romano] ⁣

Well that took a turn

2 Likes

While I’m not the biggest fan of Grealish as a character (and Kane), they are quality players. Having Grealish and Foden in particular would offer insane options to Guardiola as both can play in multiple roles/positions. He tends to use his squad options regularly, so you sometimes can’t tell what his strongest XI is but I assume that both would start more often than not, combined with De Bruyne and maybe one quicker player like Sterling.

3 Likes

This is an abstract notion. There is no fleecing a club with an open cheque book.

7 Likes

I hope we sign him. Hi is a typical player that you hate when he plays against you but love when he is on your team. He will ‘win’ free kicks and penalty’s, gets in the ref’s ear. Not a nice guy but we can use one like im IMO.

3 Likes

So, is Buendia partly Villa’s preparation for Grealish’s possible departure? Takeover his spot in the inside left of their attack? Or operate more from the right (as he did mostly for Norwich, if I’m not mistaken) and have someone else playing off the left?

Villa are also being linked to Ward-Prowse…

1 Like

Looks like Chelsea had that +1 option with Giroud.

1 Like

I don’t hate him at all, it’s just that there’s something I find unlikeable about him but I can’t quite determine what it is (perhaps the haircut!). He’s not the only player to break the COVID quarantine rules, though, but that might have played a part in forming my opinion of him. Still, he’s a quality player but I don’t think he’s the type that fits this Liverpool side. Probably not tactically well-rounded enough to play one of the two central midfield roles and maybe not the pacy and goal-oriented type to play as a left winger, at least in my opinion.

Plenty of time for that to change, though, but I think that Guardiola primarily sees an “offensive” playmaker in him, one that can provide good numbers over an extended period of time, primarily from flanks - maybe what Bernardo Silva should have consistently offered by now (I still think he’s a magnificent player going through a tougher phase but I don’t see how Grealish can replace someone like Sane or Sterling).

6 Likes

Grealish has this Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, James Maddison thing around him. Not sure what it is but I don’t like them.

8 Likes

Is Curtis Jones also part of that company?

:slightly_smiling_face:

No he isn’t. Why?

1 Like

Just asking, out of curiousity.

David Hancko from Fiorentina to Sparta Prague for £2.2m.