Summer Transfer Window 2021

3 Likes
1 Like

Seems like a good fit

1 Like

You mean inconsistent just like Barca over the last few years?

2 Likes

Sounds like a quick replacement for Eriksen.

2 Likes

Just to add his article as well to the tweet:

I wonder which players Man City would allow to leave in a possible deal. Players aside, if they guaranteed 100 million pounds, which will likely have to be increased, who do they sell to stay compliant with FFP? Yeah, yeah, I know, but for discussion’s sake…

Stay…?

5 Likes

That’s why I wrote the part after the question mark! :joy:

Mahrez or Sterling would be my guess. Maybe some other guy down the pecking order like Patrick Roberts. Who knows what Spurs could actually afford in wages though.

2 Likes

Wages are likely to be a problem for all of Man City’s first teamers but surely Sterling wouldn’t consider Tottenham? He’s not a world class player, in my opinion, but he’s a Champions League-level player every day and whenever his coaches showed belief in him, he delivered. I wonder if a club like Bayern would consider him as I doubt that Man City would sell to a rival who could afford him.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the obvious issue. With Pep’s willingness to use less traditional forwards, Jesus would be another likely candidate from City’s perspective, but why would Jesus be interested in taking that. He’s going to get paid more, and get more recognition from Brazil by playing 20 games a season for City than every game from Spurs.

2 Likes

Gabriel Jesus is the ideal candidate to succeed Morata in the line of strange big money transfers of versatile centre forwards who are mobile, tactically astute and technically gifted but lack the lethal touch of true world class forwards. Cue Atletico bidding 70 million pounds for him.

2 Likes

Inter seemingly have a huge debt, they had to part ways with their title-winning coach because of the impact the lack of money would have had on transfers, they are about to sell one or two of their best players to cover said debt, so what do they do? They sign a decent-to-good player from their big city rivals on huge wages.

2 Likes

Is that actually still a thing? I read it was going to be relaxed due to Covid, if it is still there at all.

Not that it would make any difference.

Not to mention, they actually asked their current players to accept a pay-cut. :rofl:

Sterling, I guess. But I think Levy would want more money instead of a player.

Think they said Sterling, Laporte, or Jesus. Hell for that kind of offer, if I were Levy I would definitely be interested

1 Like

Cost of wages would be an issue for Levy. Expectations would be an issue for the players - why would they want to step down from a club winning the league almost every year for a club dropping down the league table.

2 Likes

I dont disagree, I imagine Laporte/Jesus they could make the wage structure work. Sterling, not so sure. Both those players are young enough where they could potentially rebound and still earn another big move in their careers. Not sure either of them are at that point where they would consider the move, but somewhere down the road Jesus has to decide if he wants to be an impact sub or the main man.

1 Like

Out of the 3 players mentioned among being available, only Laporte would make real sense (they don’t have a top quality CB anymore). Jesus at a stretch. Would be good in the involvement in many aspects stuff, but doesn’t seem to be a proper goalscorer. Sterling doesn’t make much sense as his best role in exactly where Son plays. Could potentially play on the right. I think for now, Spurs will look if they can milk more money.

2 Likes